Uniteam Marine is an international ship management organization that provides industry-leading services to ship owners and ship managers across a wide range of countries and jurisdictions.
With immediate effect, they are looking for a Crewing Manager to be based at their office in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Implements the Fleet Personnel Function policies and procedures
- Operates in accordance with the Uniteam Group of Companies’ Code of Conduct and ensures that the staff of the Crewing Group under his responsibility also complies with the Code and Uniteam Marine’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with the Group's risk management framework and proactively contributes to its continuous improvement
- Provide direction and leadership to the staff of the Crewing Group under his/her responsibility.
- Responsible for the daily crewing operations of the Crewing Group and for communicating key issues to the Fleet Personnel Director
- Responsible for conducting interviews with applicants in accordance with the Company's and client-specific screening, selection, and proposal process
- Reviews Fleet Personnel Function working procedures and makes suggestions for improvement
- Monitors costs and promotes cost control within the Crewing Group under his/her responsibility
- Possesses good awareness of relevant legislation (e.g. STCW, MLC) and international regulations impacting the Fleet Personnel Function’s activities and ensures compliance with such requirements
- Reports to the Fleet Personnel Director on the future crewing requirements of his/her Group and contributes to the identification of sourcing solutions.
- Crew planning for designated vessels and daily update of crew change needs ensuring that at all times each vessel is manned in full compliance with the provisions of the relevant legislation and client requirements
- Updates planned crewmembers' contracts in the Crewing computerized system
- Communicates the crew planning for designated vessels to crew operators, assigns related activities to crew operators, and oversees implementation
- Responsible for ensuring efficient communication with Clients regarding planned crew changes/approval of proposed seamen/coordination of pre-joining briefings, training, etc. (as per Uniteam Marine procedures and procedures agreed with the Clients).
- Ensures that the Crewing computerized system is updated on a timely basis with information related to crew changes and provides relevant updates to other functions and Shared Services (e.g. Finance Shared Service - Crew Payroll Competency)
- Supports Crewing Operators, in more demanding/extraordinary cases
- Collaborates and coordinates with the Flag Administration and Travel teams ensuring smooth crew operations
- Oversees the activities for handling medical events and coordinates and communicates with the insurance team of the Operations Function for medical events that develop into P&I cases
- Reviews received appraisal reports and decides on seamen's suitability for future employment
- Updates crewmembers crew personal records in the Crewing computerized system (e.g. suitability for promotion, pool status, salary agreements, special comments, etc.)
- Executes any additional duties assigned by the Fleet Personnel Director
- Seagoing service as a Senior Deck Officer
- Relevant shore experience in crew management is preferred
- Excellent command of English and Greek languages
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, communication (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and SharePoint
- 13th salary & birthday bonus
- Provident fund
- Employee discount card scheme
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working model
- Corporate events
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.