This position is responsible for arranging and administering the correct, timely and economical supply of vessel-related goods and services to specified ships to keep vessel operating costs at optimal level.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manages the purchasing process according to established procedures and policies, including proper documentation and solicitation of competitive quotations for goods and services from approved suppliers
- Monitors and handles the supply and delivery process of duly approved purchases to vessels
- Liaises closely with the Technical team for optimum supply chain operation in accordance with the ships’ needs
- Prepares purchase requisitions within the procurement system
- Updates and distributes supply status report to vessel and superintendents on a monthly basis
Competencies & Qualification
- Degree holder or above in Logistics, Global Supply Chain Management or related discipline
- Minimum 1-2 years’ solid experience as a Purchaser / Technical Officer in a ship Technical/ Operations Department, or in technical/ industrial purchase.
- Well organized and attentive to details
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Proficiency in MS Office and email applications
Information collected will be kept confidential and used strictly for recruitment purpose only.
Apply via Linkedin: