Raduga Shipping is looking for a Legal Advisor to join their Limassol office!
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals who are passionate about their work. If you are a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to grow your career in the maritime sector, we would love to hear from you.
Who we are:
We are a family-owned and operated shipping business.
We provide maritime transportation services all over Europe with a specialization in dry cargo transportation. We own and operate a fleet of 15+ vessels, with over 200 employees and stable annual growth.
Our strength is in our team. We strive to do what we love and to love what we do.
Our values are Humaneness & Honesty & Flexibility & Growth.
If these values sound like you in life and at work, feel free to submit your CV
and we will be happy to consider your application.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced In-House Legal Advisor with a strong background in the shipping industry. As an integral member of our legal team, you will provide expert legal advice and support in all matters related to shipping operations. Your role will involve navigating complex regulatory frameworks, negotiating contracts, resolving disputes, and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of the shipping industry, outstanding analytical skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
What you’ll be doing:
- Legal Counsel: Provide expert legal advice and guidance to the company on a wide range of legal matters related to the shipping industry, including but not limited to commercial contracts, maritime law, international trade, cargo claims, insurance, and regulatory compliance.
- Contract Negotiation: Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of shipping-related contracts, such as charter parties, bill of lading, service agreements, and vessel purchase agreements, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and protecting the company's interests.
- Compliance Monitoring: Stay up to date with the latest shipping regulations, laws, and industry standards to ensure the company's compliance. Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure adherence to relevant legal requirements.
- Dispute Resolution: Provide legal support in the resolution of shipping-related disputes, including arbitration, litigation, and mediation. Collaborate with external legal counsel when necessary to represent the company's interests.
- Legal Documentation: Prepare and review legal documents, such as legal opinions, certificates, memoranda, and correspondence, to support business decisions and provide accurate legal advice.
- Education: A bachelor's degree in law (LLB or JD) is required. A master's degree in maritime law or a related field is preferred.
- Legal Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience as a practicing lawyer, with a focus on shipping law and related areas. In-house legal experience in the shipping industry is highly desirable.
- Industry Knowledge: Comprehensive understanding of the shipping industry, including familiarity with shipping contracts, international trade regulations, marine insurance, vessel operations, and maritime law.
- Regulatory Expertise: Proven knowledge of relevant shipping regulations, including but not limited to SOLAS, MARPOL, INCOTERMS, and international conventions such as Hague-Visby Rules.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex legal issues, identify risks, and develop effective strategies.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain legal concepts clearly and concisely to non-legal stakeholders.
- Negotiation Skills: Demonstrated ability to negotiate and draft contracts, with a focus on protecting the company's interests while maintaining strong business relationships.
- Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively within a team and cross-functional environment, with a strong sense of professionalism, integrity, and ethical conduct.
- Adaptable and Organized: Capable of managing multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
What we offer:
At Raduga Shipping we offer a dynamic and challenging work environment, along with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our open job positions come with a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, paid time off, supplementary perks and further bonuses. Additionally, we provide on-the-job training and development programs to help our employees reach their full potential. Our team is made up of passionate and dedicated individuals, who work together to achieve common goals.
If you meet our requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply via Linkedin below: