Sea Chefs is a group of companies offering hotel, restaurant and crew management services for both seagoing and river cruise vessels. It is one of the cruise industry’s leading
service providers worldwide.
Currently, we employ and manage thousands of employees onboard a remarkable fleet of seagoing and river cruise ships; our shoreside offices are based:
in Basel and Zug in Switzerland,
in Limassol in Cyprus,
in Valletta in Malta, and
in Hamburg and Berlin in Germany.
We are looking to hire: Position: SHIPS' PAYROLL OFFICER
We need a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management with relevant knowledge and quality service.
They should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should be always prepared, alert and willing to meet each challenge directly.
Candidates must have excellent computers skills and excel in both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, candidates should have a genuine desire to anticipate and attend to the needs of others.
- Diploma in Accounting / Business Administration
- Experience in Payroll will be considered an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and oral
- Computer literate (Windows environment, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- General awareness ISO standards and GDPR requirements
- Be an EU citizen or have a Work Permit
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Be systematic and consistent
- Be professional and career orientated
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Able to work independently and as part of a team within specific time constraints
- Able to multitask
- Able to communicate with colleagues at all levels, in a professional manner
- Tenacity, efficiency, team working ability, commitment
- Willingness to work in a demanding, dynamic environment
- Able to work accurately under pressure
- Good team worker
- Show dedication and full commitment to the tasks at hand
- Desire to grow and develop within the Company
- Be punctual and presentable
- Carry out payment of crew in a timely and systematic manner, within set deadlines
- Process payroll data, credits and debits
- Handle corresponding emails in a timely, effective and efficient manner
- Carry out software reporting
- Familiarize with company requirements
- Understand the Finance Operations circle
This recruitment invitation ends at the 26th January 2024 at 13:00.
Only Candidates who meet the specified requirements outlined above should apply.
Please forward your CV, in English, to the following email OfficeVacancies.CY@seachefs.com
The recipients of your personal data are authorized officers and employees of sea chefs Cruises Ltd who are responsible for assessing your job application. The data contained in the CV will be used only for recruitment purposes.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange for interviews during which they will be asked to review and sign the Privacy Notice for Shoreside Candidates.
The shortlisted CVs will be stored, in a predetermined area, for safekeeping, where access is controlled.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. We wish to inform you that you have the following rights:
To access your data in order to rectify it.
To delete and stop processing your personal data (“Right to be forgotten”).
Other rights: in addition, you may have rights to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long, have its processing restricted in certain circumstances and/or to obtain copies of information we hold about you in electronic form.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting us and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request and respond within 30 days, so long as it is consistent with applicable law.
If you do not receive any communication regarding the position within 15 to 20 working days after the closing date, you may assume that you haven’t been shortlisted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that for personal data purposes we will delete all CVs of the candidates who will not be shortlisted. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.