This is a fantastic career opportunity to join a stable, well-respected and growing company here in Cyprus, and be part of an initiative with enormous potential for acceleration within our industry!
With offices in 14 countries, over 1,150 shore-based staff and 25,000 active seafarers, Marlow Navigation is a trusted name in the global shipping industry; crew and ship management and training. This is all supported by our in-house developed and maintained operating application.
Fast-moving changes and new possibilities in today’s digital landscape have led us towards embarking on a major transformation to re-design this tailor-made software. As such, we are looking for technical expertise and driven-individuals to strengthen our core Software Development team and assist in rolling out new innovative solutions.
For our Group’s Head Office here in Limassol, we are seeking a SCRUM MASTER to work on exciting software development projects, which are critical to the future success of our business. The successful candidate will be self-starter and driven, who will be given the opportunity to help shape new software and implement requirements and user needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Fostering an environment that empowers and energises team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, transparency and collaboration.
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Basic Programming knowledge and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in using Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence).
LIFE AT MARLOW
- Remote friendly role (hybrid)
- Flexible working hours, with emphasis on company/team alignment
- Subsidised lunch with fully catered F&B facilities
- Pension scheme
- Medical insurance
- 13th and 14th salary
- Open, friendly, and international working environment
- Regular extracurricular activities, and community involvement
- Budget for conferences, trainings and development
- Staff discount card with attractive offers at a great deal of local establishments.
HOW TO APPLY
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive remuneration package, based on qualifications and experience, plus excellent working conditions at one of Cyprus' most well-known international companies. Only those eligible to work in Cyprus/the EU will be considered.
Candidates are requested to apply directly here on LinkedIn or with their full CV via our website, mentioning the position title in the relevant field at the following link:
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN STRICT CONFIDENCE
Marlow is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, faith, or social background.
With You. All the Way.