Marlow Navigation is looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Data Analyst to join their Limassol Head Office. The successful applicant ideally holds a relevant academic background in the areas of Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science or related fields and possesses 2+ years of experience in a similar role. Proficient knowledge of PowerBI and SQL is a must.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated and energetic professional to undertake the Company’s Data Analytics function, and be part of an initiative with enormous potential for acceleration within our industry!
With offices in 14 countries, over 1,150 shore-based staff and 25,000 active seafarers, Marlow Navigation is a trusted name in the global shipping industry; crew and ship management and training. This is all supported by our in-house developed and maintained operating application.
Fast-moving changes and new possibilities in today’s digital landscape have led us towards embarking on a major transformation to re-design this tailor-made software. As such, we are looking for technical expertise and driven-individuals to strengthen our core Software Development team and assist in rolling out new innovative solutions.
- Interpret and analyse data to provide ongoing reports.
- Identify and interpret trends or patterns from complex data sets.
- Apply analytical and modelling techniques to provide insight into the Company’s business in an effort to respond to needs and drive change.
- Mine, analyse and cleanse data from various sources, to drive optimisation and improvement of several of our offered products and business strategies.
- Utilise Business Intelligence tools for reporting and visualisation purposes.
- Data Management & Data Engineering for the purpose of reporting.
- Assume responsibility over the Company’s reporting and analytics function.
- Liaise between the Company’s IT, technology vendors and its various business units.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- University degree ideally in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Master’s degree in a related field will be considered an advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in a BI Data Analyst position with similar responsibilities.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience of PowerBI and SQL.
- Very good communication, reporting, and presentation skills.
- Hands-on with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong numerical and organizational skills.
- Tech savvy, with advanced competency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Very good knowledge of Greek and English.
- Experience in the shipping industry will be considered an advantage.
LIFE AT MARLOW
- Remote friendly role (hybrid)
- Flexible working hours, with emphasis on company/team alignment
- Subsidised lunch with fully catered F&B facilities
- Pension scheme
- Medical insurance
- 13th and 14th salary
- Open, friendly, and international working environment
- Regular extracurricular activities, and community involvement
- Budget for conferences, trainings and development
- Staff discount card with attractive offers at a great deal of local establishments.
HOW TO APPLY
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive remuneration package, according to qualifications and experience, plus excellent working conditions at one of Cyprus' most well-known international companies. Only those eligible to work in Cyprus/the EU will be considered.
Candidates are requested to apply directly here on LinkedIn or with their full CV via our website, mentioning the position title in the relevant field at the following link:
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN STRICT CONFIDENCE
Marlow is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, faith, or social background.
Partner. Ship. Redefined