The Technical Fleet Manager shall fulfil the following requirements:
- A minimum of three (3) years with the Company as a Technical Superintendent or in a managerial position;
- Good command of the English language;
- Good leadership, controlling and communication skills as well the ability to work within a team;
- Good knowledge of the marine industry and applicable Rules and Regulations;
- Good technical knowledge applicable to ships within the fleet.
The Technical Fleet Manager is responsible for:
- Ensuring that activities of the Technical Department are well planned, organized and safeguards established against all identified risks;
- Being fully conversant with the Company’s Management System;
- Implementing effectively the Company’s Management System;
- Contributing to the development of new or the amendment of existing procedures;
- Promoting and supporting efforts for continual improvement;
- Monitoring that the Company’s Management System is implemented on board;
- Encouraging and developing a strong safety culture and environmental & energy awareness within the department;
- Ensuring that the vessels under full management are managed in a safe, efficient and economic manner.
- Interviewing new Technical Superintendents jointly with Top Management.
The Technical Fleet Manager is accountable to the Top Management.
The Technical Fleet Managers shall work closely together and communicate effectively with each other. The Technical Fleet Managers shall back each other up or by the Senior Technical Superintendents by discretion of the Top Management thus ensuring the smooth operation of the Technical Department during their absence.