With immediate effect, we are looking for a Deputy Managing Director to be based in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Establishes and continually monitors Uniteam Marine (UM) business development strategies with objectives, targets and measurable KPIs.
- Contributes to the annual Business Development Plan in close cooperation with the Managing Director.
- Develops business opportunities via well-established contacts in the shipping market.
- Fosters and maintains close relationships with existing clients through periodical visits and as may be instructed by the Management.
- Protects the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures the development, growth, and smooth operation of UM.
- Ensures UM has in place the appropriate internal controls, processes, and systems in line with UM’s policies, to ensure the efficient and effective performance of its activities.
- Sets Key Performance Indicators and monitors actual performance against those.
- Responsible for analyzing and evaluating strategic opportunities and for supporting strategic decision-making with good evidence and expert advice
- Works collaboratively with all function directors including Finance, HR, and IT, ensuring that proposed strategies and plans follow the necessary governance requirements
- Delivers tangible savings across the business by driving efficiency projects
- Provides assurance to senior stakeholders and senior leadership team that key projects are being delivered efficiently, embedding appropriate reporting processes to inform all relevant parties.
- Provides a professional people-centered design framework by championing an inclusive, values-driven culture that is relentlessly collaborative in all aspects across the company
- Tracks market developments and advises the management on strategic decision-making
- Ensures that the Managing Director and related functions are fully informed on all activities.
- Is fully aware of UM's latest service offering and keenly aware of UM’s strengths and unique selling points.
- Exhibits a creative, proactive and an innovative approach to new business opportunities.
- Coaches and motivates UM’s staff.
- Performs any other project/task assigned to him/her.
- University degree in Management, Shipping, or other equivalent.
- 8-10 years of experience in the shipping industry.
- Significant experience in a senior leadership role in a ship management company
- Strong track record of delivering transformation and process improvement in teams, functions, and the wider business
- Experience in delivering client-focused services and in developing and delivering large-scale change programs and projects
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and communication (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Attractive remuneration package
- 13th salary & Birthday Bonus
- Provident fund
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.