This multinational Group, has been created to provide a meeting place and discussion podium in the international Ship management scene and those who regulate, support it or co-operate with it. Main aim is to provide each other necessary advises, transfer the experience and knowledge by the group discussions, forums or individual postings and finally bring together maritime professionals.
Our goals are to debate and share experiences in the following areas:
1) Providing insight and perception to the maritime industry.
2) The importance of compliance with International, local and port state rules and regulations.
3) Sharing identified training needs and techniques and discussing how they can be implemented on board a vessel.
4) Sharing preventable safety problems or hazards – learning from each other’s examples.
5) Promoting co-operation between ship management companies, internationally and the Cyprus Flag Administration.
6) Encouraging local maritime conferences and exhibitions.
And much more…the overall goal being to improve safety, operational procedures, minimize accidents and promote co-operation in the Maritime industry.
Please join us and take part in the dialogue.
Maritime Cyprus – Group Administrator
Join our other media platforms by clicking the below images:
Contact us: info(at)maritimecyprus.com
Data & Information Collection
Maritime Cyprus uses all information collected/gathered via its website in strict confidence and privacy, including any online enquiries, and/or visitor traffic trends. It is Our policy to completely respect and protect the privacy rights of web visitors/users, including all clients, prospective clients, partners, suppliers, affiliates and employees.
The type of information collected via Our website includes any personal/company information sent through contact forms and registration forms. Such information collected allows Maritime Cyprus to identify, qualify and better respond to requests, such as name, contact details, e-mail and purpose-of-enquiry, including any opinion provided that is connected to an online enquiry and/or application.
E-mails may be sent to a contact with a specific interest because you have registered with us. Each email sent contains at the bottom of the e-mail a link and specific instructions on how to unsubscribe. Please follow the instructions provided as necessary. Your email address will then be immediately removed from our mailings.
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information to/with anyone without your advance permission unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available a) to personnel managing this information for the purpose of contacting you regarding your registration.
Please note that the details you provide might be recorded in Our database system in order to be able to action accordingly, and as per the specific request sent. For this purpose only, your basic data will be stored on our servers, in strict confidence and security, and shall not be shared with any outside third party not relevant to the specific situation.
In case you disagree with this, after submission, please inform us by writing to info(at)maritimeCyprus.com and we will take appropriate action to delete or modify your records and personal detail from our system.
Maritime Cyprus may be compelled to disclose a certain amount of information under local governing law, such as under court orders or legal notices to produce documents/information.
Website Traffic Trends (“PIWIK”)
Various data that may be monitored through Maritime Cyprus third party website traffic analytics service includes:
- Standard machine identity details (used to access the website), as is normal and necessary when a user interacts with a website and its server; and
- Data on the nature of a user’s visit to the site, including server address, user’s upper domain category and thereby origin, date and time of the visit, path taken to the Maritime Cyprus website (i.e. through a search engine, social media channel, hyperlink from at another third party website), the various pages accessed on the website, exit pages and exit links, publications downloaded, as well as sometimes searched words or terminology performed to find the website through a search engine (generally these tend to be encrypted by search engines).
When a user provides information through the Maritime Cyprus website – such as via online contact forms – Maritime Cyprus:
- Does not collect any unnecessary information, nor distribute any information externally without the user’s knowledge or prior consent, nor collect any information without the user’s knowledge or consent.
- Attempts to store information as securely as possible and does not allow access to this information by external parties unless required by law (for example, if the information is subject to a warrant, summons or subpoena).
Any information collected is used solely by authorised Maritime Cyprus personnel.
A cookie is a small file placed onto internet enabled device in order to recognise the device at recurring visits, and in turn enable a website’s features and functionalities.
Cookies may transmit information via a device’s browser with a purpose of authentication or identification via the IP address. For example, cookies enable to identify device, secure access to the Maritime Cyprus website, and keep track of web browsing preference for bettering user experience. A cookie cannot collect information from a device and cannot carry any virus or other damaging files.
Cookies can be used to do lots of different things, such as recognise you as the user when you visit the Maritime Cyprus website, remembering your preferences, and overall give you a more personalised experience that’s in line with your settings. Cookies also make your interactions with our website faster and more secure.
Essentially there are two types of cookies:
- persistent cookies, and
- session cookies
A persistent cookie helps the website (and third party applications) recognise you as an existing user, so it’s easier to return and continue your existing user experience. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the website, i.e. lasting only for as long as the session (usually the current visit to the website or a browser session).
Cookies are used on the Maritime Cyprus website (https://MaritimeCyprus.com), when any browser loads the site. This is applicable to all sorts of internet enabled devices, i.e. PC, smartphones and tablets. Cookies might also be placed in your browser when visiting Maritime Cyprus via third party application plugins or using third party modules, especially utilised during social media interactions.
Controlling Cookies on your Device
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device, as well as delete them. There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your specific browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your cookie browser settings. If you use different devices to view and access this website (e.g. PC, smartphone, tablet) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
For further information on Cookies, such as deleting, disabling or blocking cookies, please visit AboutCookies.org
For more specific information on how to adjust cookie configurations, please refer to your browser. Below are links and guides to some of the more common browsers: