(www.MaritimeCyprus.com) Cyprus is a country with a strong maritime tradition and a dynamic maritime industry, located on the crossroads of three continents and maritime routes.
Cyprus ship Registry and world-class Maritime Hub is an international maritime center, boasting strength, breadth and experience, attracting quality tonnage and increasing numbers of first-rate shipping companies from around the world.
The maritime industry is one of Cyprus’ most successful export services, and with over 250 shipping companies, the island is considered one of the top global hubs for ship owning and shipmanagement services. The country’s maritime capital, Limassol, is home to some of the world’s most influential names in shipping. Today, Cyprus is the largest third-party shipmanagement centre in Europe and the largest crew management centre in the world, while the island’s international ship register is the third largest in Europe and one of the largest in the world.
Some key points of the Cyprus international ship registry and Maritime cluster:
• Favourable corporate taxation and business-friendly fiscal regime.
• Full tax exemption of dividends paid out of profits falling within the Tonnage Tax regime.
• Full tax exemption of crew salaries or other benefits of a qualifying shipping activity.
• Incentive tonnage Tax reductions up to 30% with new Green incentives programme.
• The personal tax regime is very attractive, with annual income up to EUR 19.500 not taxable, and additional tax incentives for foreign staff moving to Cyprus.
• Non Tonnage Tax qualifying income is only taxed at 12.5% Corporate Income Tax.
• Low or zero taxation on expatriates.
• No income tax for seafarers on Cyprus flagged ships.
• Competitive ship Registration fees.
• Double Tax avoidance treaties with more than 60 countries.
• Bilateral agreements of cooperation in merchant shipping with 23 countries.
• Classification of the Cyprus Flag on the “White List” of the Paris and Tokyo MoU.
• Effective and efficient Flag Administration.
• Cyprus International Ship register is one of the largest in the world and the 3rd in Europe.
• Largest shipmanagement centre in Europe.
• Largest crew management centre in the world.
• Cyprus is a world-class maritime hub offering services in a vast spectrum of activities.
• Developing Maritime cluster, fostering new opportunities.
• Highly skilled and educated local population (55% of the workforce has a tertiary degree) – manpower potential with readily available maritime expertise.
• Business language is English – 73% of Cypriots speak English
• Excellent infrastructure, transport connectivity and communications.
• Comparatively low-cost base center.
• Strong government support for the maritime industry.
• Strategically located.
• Cyprus is a member of the Eurozone since 2008.
• The legal system is closely aligned to the English common law legal system and is frequently updated to meet investors’ needs.
• Safe place to live and work.
• Cyprus is the 5th safest country in the world (as per Value Penguin, 2015. updated ).
|For inquiries about registering your ships with the Cyprus ship registry, contact:|
|For inquiries about shipmanagement activities in the Cyprus maritime cluster, contact: Cyprus Shipping Chamber|