The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is seeking to recruit qualified applicants for different levels (Junior to Senior) in the position of Researcher/ Scientist/ Engineer, to join or lead multidisciplinary groups, situated in Cyprus. The employment period is a fixed-term one to two-year contract with possibility of renewal.
Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute:
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), is an innovative, non-profit, research, innovation and technology development centre established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI pulls together expertise from local universities and industry, and international partners. The goals of the CMMI are to develop knowledge and utilise new approaches and technologies to solve challenges facing the marine environment and the wider maritime and offshore sectors. The focus areas include, but are not limited to, big data and cybersecurity, robotics and autonomous systems, materials, structures, and testing, environmental modeling and mapping, energy and subsea resources, vessel design and performance, marine bio-resources, ports, logistics, tourism, safety, risk, and regulation, and cultural heritage.
We seek to recruit a cohort of visionary Researchers/ Scientists/ Engineers with the desire and ability to undertake a range of multidisciplinary projects that will support research and innovation work at the CMMI. At this early developmental stage of the CMMI, there is great incentive to strive towards forging the direction of the Institute and to capitalise on collaborations with local and international CMMI partners. The CMMI seeks to establish the local knowledge and capability baselines on the regional environment and maritime operations and develop pathways for future research and innovation. Researchers/ Scientists/ Engineers with significant academic, industrial, or field experience who will contribute to the goals of the CMMI are encouraged to apply.
Job description and qualifications:
Successful candidates, depending on their rank, will lead or contribute to project proposals and their execution, including development and delivery of scientific methods and software, products and services, reports, conference/journal publications, and dissemination activities.
Candidates, in accordance on their rank, position, and the duration of the contract, are expected to demonstrate:
- Academic, field, or industrial excellence in one of the areas of specialization.
- Record of lasting impact publications, dissemination activities, funding acquisition for research and innovation (especially for higher ranking Researchers).
Areas of specialization:
- Marine and Offshore Science, Technology, and Engineering
- Marine Robotics and Automation Systems
- Maritime Digitalization and Vessel Performance Optimization
- Marine Observation and Seabed Mapping
- Marine and Coastal Ecosystems
- Data Science / Artificial Intelligence
- Strong strategic planning and leadership skills (for higher ranking Researchers).
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills
- Strong written, oral, graphical, and digital presentation skills
- Ability to network with governmental, industrial, and other external organisations
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate and plan personal workload effectively
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
Benefits: An attractive remuneration package will be offered.
How to apply:
Interested candidates may provide the following by email to email@example.com with reference Researcher2020 no later than the 31st of July 2020.
- Cover letter that specifies the reasons for pursuing a research career at CMMI, the full title of the position, including the specific level thereof (Senior, Senior Associate, Associate, Assistant, Junior) that you are applying for (e.g. “Senior Researcher/ Scientist/ Engineer”), the employment availability date, and part-time or full-time availability.
- Description of academic, research, industrial, or field experience (2 pages maximum)
- A statement that describes plans for research and innovation (3 pages maximum, only for higher ranking Researchers/ Scientists/ Engineers)
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
- Contact details of at least two referees that can provide reference letters.
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
For further information please contact us at +35724201600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job deadline: 31 July 2020