Job Ref. Number: LN2020/02. Lemissoler is seeking to recruit a TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and ensuring the technical soundness and the efficient performance of the vessels.
- Training, briefing, instructing, and monitoring the performance of shipboard staff, when required or as a part of their visits on board the ships.
- Monitoring of ship’s budgets (budget vs spending) for the budget codes allocated to the Technical Department.
- Control of the performance of the vessels about speed, fuel consumption.
- Keeping the Technical Manager well informed of the vessel's performance and maintenance standards, by preparing technical and budget reports as required by the Management.
- Visiting each vessel at least once every year and carry out a Technical Superintendent Inspection.
- Supporting the responsible department or Officer for all Technical issues in the event of P&I or H&M claims.
- Participating in Safety System Reviews and implementing corrective actions from decisions or non-conformities.
- Monitoring and controlling the Class and Statutory surveys and certificates which fall under the responsibility of the Technical Department.
- Follow up the pending Technical issues and the corrective actions to be taken.
- Review of the SQMS established Forms/Checklists sent from the vessels under his responsibility.
In addition, the Superintendent is responsible for the Technical Department’s
part of the procurement procedures for the vessels under his charge, which
- Recommending to Procurement Officers the approved suppliers for each case.
- Checking all incoming requisitions from vessels and instructing the Procurement Officers to obtain quotations and/or place orders accordingly.
- Approving a requisition while considering: quality, priority, transportation cost, reliability of the supplier.
- Approving invoices for payment.
- Monitoring urgent deliveries.
- Chief Engineer's license with a minimum of two years of office experience as Technical Superintendent.
- Good Command of the English language and good communication abilities
- Decision making and leadership abilities especially in emergencies.
- Good knowledge of Classification rules and statutory regulations as well as knowledge of the relevant laws and current rules required for the safe operation of a vessel.
- Adequate knowledge of marine insurance and preparation of claims.
- Broad knowledge of various types of ships and engine types/makes.
- Purchasing knowledge and budget cost control.
- Commitment to work and if needed work at irregular hours and travel overseas.
- Co-operative, able to manage and control people.
To apply please send your CV and a Cover Letter quoting the job title and its number to the attention of Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com by the 30th October 2020.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality