(www.MaritimeCyprus.com) The Shipping legal E-Brief is a regular publication providing you with key information on legal decisions and developments in shipping and related business areas provided by Ince Gordon Dadds.
Subjects covered in this issue:
- Cargo owners liable to pay contribution in general average in respect of ransom payment to pirates.
- Court construes bill of lading and LOU arbitration provisions together.
- Court of Appeal finds experts had conflict of interest that breached client retainer.
- Rescission of charterparty: when words speak as loudly as actions.
- Anti-suit injunction granted where foreign proceedings breached London arbitration agreement in contracts of carriage.
- Court finds state had no immunity in respect of salvage claim.
- Supreme Court checks out of Orient Express Hotel.
Click on below image to download full document:
Source:Â Ince Gordon Dadds