The company is a international ship owning firm who operate in the Bulk Carrier category. We are seeking a high-energy, self-starting, patient individual to join their team as an Accountant.
Success in this role takes a consultative approach. Stepping into this challenging role will mean stepping into a dynamic environment. There’ll be a learning curve, but we believe the future belongs to those who build it. Therefore, success for you would mean reaching your full potential in a short period of time, while doing whatever it takes to get up to speed. Success would mean having a strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- To create, update and maintain voyage information in the company's system,
- Issue freight invoices in accordance with terms and conditions of CoAs and Charter Parties
- Issue invoices for time charter hire for vessels chartered out, in accordance with terms and conditions of Charter Parties
- Monitor collection and perform AR control for invoices issued
- Report AR status to Trade Teams
- Check supplier invoices and Final port disbursements against supplier agreements and tariffs, plus actual events
- Process supplier invoices and port disbursements through ERP system
- Separate vessel owners cost and invoicing of same to vessel managers or TC owners
- Timely update and maintenance of estimates and actual income and cost
- Perform periodic reconciliation and processing of equipment and consumables cost
- Prepare reports for and participate in regular discrepancy meetings
- Updating of voyages for issues raised and agreed in discrepancy meetings
- Perform quarterly voyage reconciliations, including resolving open issues to ensure closing of voyages within the target time as per company policy
- Assist Trade and Round Voyage Teams with various reporting, documentation, trade budget preparation, and other tasks as required from time to time
- Follow policies, procedures and work instructions in accordance with the company’s Business
- To take action to ensure that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met or exceeded
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent.
- Very sound knowledge and background in Accounting.
- Experience in shipping would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks in order to meet established deadlines.
- Capable of working in an international environment.