Sea chefs is a group of companies offering hotel, restaurant and crew management services for both seagoing and river cruise vessels. It is one of the cruise industry’s leading service providers worldwide.
Currently, we employ and manage thousands of employees onboard a remarkable fleet of seagoing and river cruise ships; our shoreside offices are based:
- in Basel and Zug in Switzerland,
- in Limassol in Cyprus,
- in Valletta in Malta, and
- in Hamburg and Berlin in Germany.
Position: Travel Administration Officer
Our Travel Department is expanding and we are looking to find another Travel Administration Officer to join the team.
We need a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat
attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management with relevant knowledge and quality service.
They should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should be always prepared, alert and willing to meet each challenge directly. Candidates must have excellent computers skills and excel in both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, candidates should have a genuine desire to anticipate and attend to the needs of others.
- Degree in Travel & Hospitality, Human Resources, Management and/or Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position Excellent Computer Skills (Windows environment, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet).
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and oral).
- Any additional language is an advantage i.e. German, French.
- Holder of European Driving License.
- Knowledge of MLC 2006, STCW, Flag State Requirements, Rules & Regulations.
- Knowledge of Vessel Management & Maritime Business.
- Knowledge of required seafarers’ documentation
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Be systematic and consistent
- Be professional and career orientated
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Able to work independently and as part of a team within specific time constraints
- Able to multitask
- Able to communicate with colleagues at all levels, in a professional manner
- Tenacity, efficiency, team working ability, commitment
- Effective ‘people skills’; ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organizational structure
- Willingness to work in a demanding, dynamic environment
- Able to work accurately under pressure
- Good team worker
- Show dedication and full commitment to the tasks at hand
- Desire to grow and develop within the Company
- Be punctual and presentable.
- Oversees the smooth operation of the function
- Communicates and works together with the approved Travel Agent for the traveling arrangements of the crew
- Makes the necessary travel arrangements for all joining crew, such as requesting flights, arranging transportation and hotel accommodation
- Makes the necessary travel arrangements for crew signing on/off in the Travel Management System of the company
- Monitors and tracks crew flights
- Notifies Authorities, Ports, Vessels, Manning Agents when vessels are entering the waters of various country jurisdictions, according to regulations
- Prepares required Budget and monitors costs to achieve maximum savings
- Carries out the travelling arrangements in the HR System updating with the embarkation and disembarkation data of crew (including medical disembarkations)
- Ensures travel related documents are updated according to Border, Airlines and other Authorities requirements
- Undertakes the annual evaluation of Travel Agents
- Monitors and follows up on Airlines’ Guidelines and relevant laws and regulations
- Provides 24/7 services as required
- Is aware, implements and complies to Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Undertakes any task or duty assigned by the management
This recruitment invitation ends at the 6th August 2021 at 13:00.
Only Candidates who meet the specified requirements outlined above should apply.
Please forward your CV, in English, to the following email OfficeVacancies.CY@seachefs.com
The recipients of your personal data are authorized officers and employees of sea chefs Cruises Ltd who are responsible for assessing your job application. The data contained in the CV will be used only for recruitment purposes.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange for interviews during which they will be asked to review and sign the Privacy Notice for Shoreside Candidates.
The shortlisted CVs will be stored, in a predetermined area, for safekeeping, where access is controlled.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. We wish to inform you that you have the following rights:
- To access your data in order to rectify it.
- To delete and stop processing your personal data (“Right to be forgotten”).
- Other rights: in addition, you may have rights to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long, have its processing restricted in certain circumstances and/or to obtain copies of information we hold about you in electronic form.
- You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting us and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request and respond within 30 days, so long as it is consistent with applicable law.
- If you do not receive any communication regarding the position within 15 to 20 working days after the closing date, you may assume that you haven’t been shortlisted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please be advised that for personal data purposes we will delete all CVs of the candidates who will not be shortlisted.
- All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.