An International Shipping company with regional offices in Cyprus, is seeking to recruit a Fleet Personnel officer to join their expanding team of professionals in Limassol. The successful candidate will possess recent demonstrable experience in a similar role and knowledge of the shipping business especially with regards to ISM and MLC process flow and procedural requirements. Excellent communication skills in English is a must.
- Acts as an interface with manning agents, all operational departments and owners if required on day-to-day fleet personnel issues and fleet personnel performance.
- Manages and controls seafarer’s employment to ensure that competent, experienced, trained, certificated and medically fit seafarers are recruited and retained.
- Monitors crew costs budgets, expenses and costs and reports to superiors as and when required.
- Maintains the relief/ rotation planning & executes crew changes effectively.
- Monitors requirements (retention, planning, documentation & training) to ensure that seafarers are relieved on time and at cost effective ports.
- Ensures compliance with company, international and company regulations.
- University degree in Business or Shipping or related field.
- Recent shore-based experience in a similar role.
- Considerable knowledge of the shipping business especially with regards to ISM and MLC process flow and procedural requirements.
- Good command of the English language both spoken & written.
- MS Office and email.
- A positive mindset with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly adaptive to changes.
- Attentive to detail.
- Able to build and maintain work relationships.
- Able to use initiative (problem solving).
- Able to manage/resolve conflict.
- Able to exercise sound judgment.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV, along with any covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number CAR5287.
Please note that due to the high volumes of applications received only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.