Uniteam Marine is an international ship management organisation that provides industry-leading services to ship owners and ship managers across a wide range of countries and jurisdictions.
With immediate effect they are looking for a Technical Director to be based at their office in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the Technical Department in achieving its Mission and Vision
- Develops and oversees the implementation of Technical Function policies and procedures
- Establishes and monitors key performance indicators for the Technical Function through the analysis of statistical reports and the follow-up and monitoring of feedback received from the clients, agencies and crew
- Participates and supports the Fleet Director in formulating the Company’s business strategy and objectives.
- Prepares and implements the Technical Function’s part of the Company’s Business Plan and budgets
- Presents Technical Function services to prospective clients and other third parties
- Provides support and relevant information related to the Technical Function to the Fleet Director of the Company during the preparation of client proposals and contracting, including preparing budget proposals for potential new client vessels
- Develops and retains working relationships with the Company’s clients
- Overall responsibility for the effective and cost efficient performance of Technical Function activities in all countries of operation, that among others include ensuring the smooth taking over of new vessels, providing shore-based technical support when necessary, planning dry-docking activities and acting as a contact point for technical related customer enquiries
- Overall responsibility for the operation of the vessels in accordance with Class, International and local regulations / conventions and company requirements
- Selection and approval of the major suppliers of the Technical Function
- Overall responsibility for arranging and monitoring technical procurement activities
- Implements the requirements of the QSE system, according to the Technical Directors role. Works with the QSE Manager in ensuring that the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISM Code are implemented and maintained.
- University degree or equivalent (Maritime Academy) or similar qualification in Engineering
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position ashore
- Sea service as Chief Engineer will be considered an advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, communication (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- The position requires a significant amount of international travel
All CVs will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.