MCTC Marine Ltd is looking to employ an Environmental and Sustainability Officer.
- Creates and implements sustainable organizational policies and initiatives that address environmental concerns.
- Coordinate all waste management practices and Recycling Initiatives at the office and at key ports in collaboration with our suppliers.
- Creating of relevant KPI’s, prepares reports and takes initiatives on how to achieve measurable targeted KPIs.
- Maintenance and improvement of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems.
- Ensures compliance with ISO 14001, through recordkeeping. Preparing for, leading and conducting ISO 14001 internal and external audits.
- Manages the Environmental and Sustainability related training sessions of clients and seafarers.
- Considers sustainability proposals with attention to factors such as cost effectiveness, feasibility, and ease of integration with other programs.
- Drafts and prepares reports, presentations, and proposals.
- Ensuring that suppliers possess all necessary documentation and certification in accordance with the company’s criteria for approving suppliers.
- Define and direct product and vendor quality auditing program.
- Audit and maintain FSQA business relationships with external supply chain and suppliers as needed.
- Define and implement Supplier food safety requirements.
- Creating and maintaining Products Specifications Catalogues.
- Ensuring that the Quality Policy is understood by all employees in cooperation and synergy with the rest of the personnel.
- Responsible for analysis and verification of Food Safety and Quality Plans including assessment of results.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Excellent English skills (written and verbal).
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Environmental Studies, and/or Food Science, relevant experience is essential.
- A detailed understanding of management systems, standards and compliance/auditing techniques.
- Computer literacy.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Certificate holder of ISO 14001, ISO 22000.
- Strong time management, project managements and analytical skills.
- Passion for Health, Safety, Quality, Environment and Sustainability.
- Competitive salary
- 13th salary upon successful completion of the probation period
- Home-office and flexible working arrangements upon completion of the training period
- High potential for growth