The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), invites applications for the recruitment of qualified applicants for the Researcher position at the Maritime Digitalization Center (MDigiC) of CMMI, situated in Cyprus. The employment period is a fixed-term two-year contract, with the possibility of renewal. Applicants are expected to have a physical presence at the CMMI offices in Larnaca.
Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute:
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a non-profit, research, innovation and technology development organisation established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds via the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI pulls together expertise from local universities and industry and international partners. MDigiC’s areas of interest include but are not restricted to, vessel performance optimisation, intelligent data acquisition, interpretation, and communication for informed decision support.
We seek to recruit visionary scientists/researchers with the desire and ability to undertake a range of multidisciplinary projects that will support research work at the CMMI. At this early developmental stage of the CMMI, there is a great incentive to collaborate towards forging the direction of the Institute and to capitalise on partnerships with local and international CMMI partners. We seek scientists/researchers who will be excited to explore a diverse range of topics and contribute to MDigiC’s growth.
Successful candidates will contribute to CMMI projects, assist in the preparation of reports and deliverables, contribute to research proposals, author scientific reports, conference, and journal publications, and develop software tools. Successful candidates are expected to have skills within the broad field of Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- A BSc, MSc, or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Previous relevant academic or industrial experience will be considered an advantage
- High impact publication on relevant topics will be considered an advantage
- Successful participation in successful research grant applications will be considered an advantage
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills
- Strong written, oral, graphical, and digital presentation skills
- Ability to interact with governmental, industrial, and other external organisations to build productive relationships
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate and plan personal workload effectively
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to provide the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Position Reference MDigiC2022_1), no later than 27/04/2022.
- A cover letter that specifies the reasons for pursuing a research career at CMMI, the employment availability date, and part-time or full-time availability (1-page maximum)
- Short description of academic, research, or industrial experience (1-page maximum)
- Plans for Research and Innovation at CMMI (1-page maximum).
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
- Contact details of at least two referees that can provide reference letters
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please contact us at +357 24506122 or by email at email@example.com