Scope of duties
CCO – IPL will work closely with the Group Credit Risk Manager (GCRM). The primary responsibility of the CCO – IPL is to ensure that adequate follow-up of receivables is performed and that reliable projections of receivables are made on a daily basis. CCO – IPL monitors closely the credit limits, alerting immediately the GCRM, the CFO and the Traders once credit limits have been exceeded.
- Prepares the daily cash flow for receivables.
- Follows up for payment with the debtors/brokers in relation to the Group’s physical sales.
- Prepares the appropriate follow up list from the Daily Cash Flow (i.e. forward reminders, overdue reminders) and constantly monitors the Statements of Outstanding for all trade centres.
- Maintains a credit control log and adequate filing system for recording of all actions taken in respect of following up of receivables.
- Follows up with customers in case of expected prepayments for loadings by coordinating with Traders if required.
- Prepares the release of funds for Aegean Baltic Bank whenever required and reconciling the list of receivables for IOL/IPL.
- Posting of all Incomings in Accounting System on a daily basis.
- Provides the various banks, in relation to IPL, with any required documents/invoices and/or information/clarification, mostly concerning incoming payments from third parties as well as any missing invoice/ref. numbers.
- Prepares and distributes on a weekly basis the lists of receivables i.e. DAAR/SOA to all Traders and provides any payment information/updates, as required.
- Prepares tables with the calculation of the incurred financial charges together with the relevant Debit Notes and making the necessary ledger entries for IPL.
- Prepares Credit Notes when providing discounts on the incurred financials or to cancel them altogether and making the necessary ledger entries for IPL.
- Advises debtors upon receipt of clear funds via the banks regarding the breakdown of the allocation of funds, especially in cases when financials/legal fees are charged and obtaining debtor’s confirmation on the allocation for IPL.
- Prepares physical suppliers' payment confirmation letters for clients whenever requested.
- Provides debtors with the required documents/clarification such as: (a) Invoices/Bunker Delivery Notes in case they claim non-receipt of an invoice and follows up for prompt settlement, b) Letters for new/change of bank account details, (c) Completes the forms provided by debtors with the required information and/or provides any other required docs.
- In case debtors want to postpone payment beyond the invoice due date and/or they want to pay in installments, informs/alerts the appropriate persons (i.e. GCRM, Traders and/or CFO/CEO) and proceeds accordingly by charging financials whenever necessary and monitors such accounts closely.
- Advises debtors for alternative bank accounts when requested and in cases when they want to pay in EUROS, advises them the exchange rate of the USD/EUR and/or the exact amount in USD that eventually clears via the bank. In cases of short-payments due to the exchange rate, requests from the debtors for the full settlement of the remaining outstanding balance.
- Liaises with all Traders (CY/GR/SING) and CEO/GCRM/CFO and provides all required information/documents (i.e. debtors payment performance, ledger movement, DAAR/SOA and Stem profitability).
- Provides feedback to the trading/legal team and/or MD/CM/GFC regarding problematic debtors or debtors who refuse to settle the invoice(s) due to (pending) claims/dispute and makes suggestions for proceeding with final notice/legal action.
- Monitors the pending claims/disputes for IPL and ensures their finalisation in order to be able to follow up for payment as appropriate as well as to update the Daily Cash Flow accordingly.
- Registers/posts all the incoming cheques and deposits them on the due date (except for guarantee cheques) for IPL.
- Prepares and forwards Final Notice letters to debtors together with the updated Statements of Account/Debit Notes by applying the financial charges (i.e. as per terms and/or discounted) accordingly and/or as applicable.
- Prepares all documents required for legal action and forwards them onto the appropriate lawyers. Liaises with our lawyers for additional information/documentation as required until the file passes to the legal dept.
- Performs relevant year-end tasks for auditing purposes.
- Opens, maintains and updates customers’ accounts/ details and credit limits in the accounting system.
- Posts of receivables on a daily basis.
- Prepares ad-hoc customer evaluation reports as required by GCRM and CEO.
- General support to the department as required by GCRM/CFO.
Implements Group’s Management System and makes suggestions for improvements.
- LCCI Higher and/or University degree in Accounting and/or Finance or other Business or Finance related subject.
- Previous relevant experience will be considered as an advantage
- Commercially minded
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and by email, with customers of various nationalities and cultures in a professional manner.
- Good working knowledge of computerized sales ledger systems and spreadsheet applications
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge
- Good command of the Greek and English languages
Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Applicants must already be eligible to be employed within the EU.
Please send your C.V. to: email@example.com