(www.MaritimeCyprus.com) Cyprus Shipping Deputy Ministry (SDM) has shared conclusions from the recent hybrid webinar event, “SWOT-ing the potential of low and zero-emission fuels in the maritime sector”, arranged in association with the University of Houston.
Held on 19 January 2023, the event was hosted by PwC's Experience Centre in Nicosia, Cyprus, bringing together more than 400 participants from around the world. The live SWOT analysis session assessed the safety, costs, maturity, and availability of new bunker fuels including hydrogen, ammonia, biofuel, and methanol.
Conclusions from the session, which provide a useful summary of the current alternative fuel landscape, have been collated into a report, which is downloadable below.
Expert speakers included:
- Dr Joe Powell - University of Houston Energy Transition Institute
- Dr. John Kokarakis - Technical Director, SEEBA Zone Bureau Veritas
- Dr. Mike Harold - University of Houston Chemical and Bimolecular Engineering Department
- Mr. Dimitrios V. Lyridis – Associate Professor, National Technical University of Athens School of Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
- Dr. Lakis Mountziaris – University of Houston Chemical and Bimolecular Engineering Department
- Dr. Leonidas Ntziachristos – Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki
- Mr. Chris Angelides – ESG, Energy Transition and Sustainability Expert.
A recording of the session is available Below:
Download the SWOT report below:
Source: Cyprus Shipping Deputy Ministry (SDM)