Our 27-year journey rides on the passion of over 24,000 seafarers and 1,000 onshore professionals. Today, we are one of the largest independent third-party ship management companies managing over 600 diverse types of vessels. Headquartered in Hong Kong SAR, China, we operate on a global scale having 27 offices in 12 countries. Our client base spans over 100 world-class ship owners, including Fortune 500 companies from China, Greece, India, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Norway, Turkey and the USA, among others.
In a shore career at FLEET, you will be working with a team of highly passionate, self-driven and committed group of people. We aim to be a place where you can achieve your full potential, regardless of your background. We are looking for individuals who are ambitious about making a strong contribution to FLEET’s short and long-term sustainable growth – whether you are dealing directly with clients or working in a role supporting the business, such as technology, legal, or communications.
- Nominates and or appoints ships agents, coordinates and monitors cargo and shipping operations.
- Maintains close attention to operational risks that may increase demurrage exposure.
- Complies with shipping department ‘Check List’ to ensure company policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Coordinates and cooperates closely with all inter-company departments such as dry bulk
operations, treasury, similarly with other third-party service providers such as ships agents, shipbrokers.
- Prepares laytime statement for accruals purposes.
- Assists in the preparation of daily/weekly management reports.
- Calculate bunker consumption/maximum bunker intake (transfer of bunker if possible, from one tank to another, If mixing of bunkers can take place/what ratio etc) and update owners. Sometimes this info is needed on weekends/after office hours as well on short notice.
- Update owners if vessel has landed garbage/bilge/sludge etc in port or used some services via charters agent.
- Underwater hull cleaning/inspection arrangement and follow up with vessel.
- Owners need to be informed if any bunkering planned by FML (on behalf of owners)/ charters and follow up bunkering operations with vessel.
- Maintaining awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
- Responsibility to ensure all services are promptly ordered & confirmed.
Marketing and Administration:
- Support business development efforts, and drafting thought leadership, as well as internal collateral and pieces of training on sustainability and ESG topics; work closely, but independently, under the direction of team leadership.
- Proficiency in public speaking, including the ability to present at client workshops and lead client conversations.
- Lead or provide advisory support in professional design and layout of reports and communications.
- Preliminary drafting of correspondence on the director's behalf.
- Planning and organizing meetings.
- Organising Director’s travel agenda.
- Monitor and follow up of local Media interviews / social media of the company.
- Arranging Corporate gifts to Clients.
- Organize and coordinate particular projects as requested by Director.
- Involved in various internal social and cultural activities.
Job Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree in shipping
- Minimum 1 years of work experience in shipping
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good oral and written communication skills – the ability to communicate well at all level
- Analysis & problem solving
- Collaboration, inclusion & teamwork
- Listening and communicating
- Customer focus
- Planning & organising
- 13th Salary
- Medical Scheme
- Pension Fund
Fleet Management Limited is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based no race, color, sex religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by local laws.
To APPLY for this opportunity, please click on the following link: