The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), invites applications for the recruitment of qualified applicants for the Educational Content Developer position at the Maritime Human Element Centre (MHEC) of CMMI, situated in Cyprus. The employment period is a fixed term one-year contract, with the possibility of renewal.
Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute:
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a non-profit, research, innovation and technology development organisation established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds via the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI pulls together expertise from local universities, industry, and international partners.
The Educational Content Developer will be responsible for creating educational content, specifically, for designing learning activity sequences, projects for project-based learning, training programmes for vocational education and training programmes for lifelong learning, which will be based on the scientific output of all CMMI Centres and concluded or ongoing research projects where CMMI participates. The Educational Content Developer should be able to deliver content for both formal and non-formal STEM learning environments with a concentration on ocean literacy, as well as content for vocational education and training programmes.
The successful applicant will be able to support “Our Sea” and “Blue Cove” mission-driven units. Within the frame of “Our Sea”, CMMI plans and implements local and national actions and initiatives focusing predominantly on formal and non-formal education in collaboration with (Deputy) Ministries and Governmental Departments, Municipalities, Developmental Companies and Chambers of Commerce, Universities, Civil Society Organisations as well as industry partners. “Our Sea” mission-driven unit promotes ocean literacy among several targeted groups and societal actors, especially students from preschool to higher education. “Blue Cove” concentrates on vocational education and training programmes aimed at promoting blue skills. These programmes will be developed within the frame of the contract signed recently by CMMI and the Human Resource Development Authority of Cyprus and will be offered to selected target groups of trainees for fostering the skilling, reskilling, and upskilling of the workforce. The successful applicant will be asked to conclude the certification for trainers offered by the Human Resource Development Authority of Cyprus as part of their tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree from a higher education institute in Education/Education Studies;
- Master’s in science education, or STEM Education or environmental education;
- Applicants with a first degree in science, engineering or shipping and postgraduate studies in education will also be considered;
- A PhD in the same fields will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in implementing EU-funded projects related to the same fields will be considered a strong advantage;
- A very good mastery of the English language needs to be documented.
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking;
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills;
- Strong written, oral, graphical, and digital presentation skills;
- Ability to interact with governmental, industrial, and other external organisations to build productive relationships;
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate and plan personal workload effectively;
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications;
- 13th Salary;
- Pension Plan;
- Flexible Working Arrangements;
- Extensive learning opportunities;
- Purpose-driven organisation;
- A culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed.
How to apply:
On a rolling basis, applications will be evaluated immediately. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or disability. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Please refer to our privacy notice in Privacy Notice Potential Employees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please contact us at +357 24506100 or by email at email@example.com