- Develop, implement, and manage legal policies, procedures, and documents.
- Research and analyze legal issues and advise the management team on the legal implications of their decisions.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of contracts and agreement, including but not limited to ship management contracts, vessel sales and acquisitions, new building and supervision agreements, employment contracts, non-disclosure agreements, public disclosures, and others.
- Autonomously lead the Legal and Anti-Money Laundering Function with minimal guidance and interference from the management team.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to the management team on all legal matters.
- Monitor changes in laws and regulations and ensure continuous compliance.
- Manage litigation and dispute resolution matters.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external legal counsel and other legal advisors.
- Oversee regulatory and compliance matters.
- Design and monitor anti-money laundering policies and procedures in line with the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC) regulatory requirements.
- Lead the dynamic implementation of the regulatory requirements in the client onboarding process and verification.
- Handle all communications and reporting to CySEC related to anti-money laundering.
- Develop and manage the legal department budget.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) is mandatory.
- A Master’s degree in Maritime Law (LLM) is considered an advantage.
- CySEC AML certification is considered an advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant shipping experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Good command of the English language – any additional languages are considered an advantage.
- Ability to display a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong knowledge of legal principles and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with AIF & AIFM laws and regulations and CySEC directives and circulars.
- Sound understanding of relevant laws and regulations including AML and KYC procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations, and policies to complex situations.
- Proven IT literacy with Microsoft O365 and other equivalents.
What do you get?
- Become part of a fast-growing team that established the biggest shipping fund in Cyprus in less than 18 months.
- The potential opportunity of building and leading your own legal team in line with scalability and success.
- A full-time contract with a competitive remuneration package according to qualifications and experience, including Pension Fund and 13th Salary.
- Paid annual leave and sick days.
- An energetic and friendly multicultural environment.
- A comfortable and modern working space.
- Opportunities for training and development alongside further career opportunities.
Kindly send your CV referring to the position to email@example.com latest by Friday 17th of November 2023.