(www.MaritimeCyprus.com) The International Association of Classification Societies (IACS) has released of the 2024 edition of its IACS Blue Book. The latest release of the Blue Book package continues to enhance IACS technical support to the shipping industry through our work and investment in technology, innovation, research and development both at the classification and statutory levels.
The IACS Blue Book is an electronic library of all technical resolutions adopted by IACS as a result of its technical work and remains the core reference work for the Association containing, as it does, all previous revisions of IACS publications and historical data. It is updated and published once a year. Together, these IACS publications illustrate well how the aims and objectives of IACS are delivered for the benefit of international shipping and contain:
- IACS Unified Requirements which IACS members incorporate into their Rules.
- Unified Interpretations of IMO convention requirements which IACS Members apply uniformly when acting on behalf of authorizing flag Administrations, unless instructed otherwise.
- Procedural Requirements governing practices among IACS Members.
- Recommendations relating to adopted resolutions that are not necessarily matters of Class but which IACS considers would be helpful to offer some advice to the marine industry.
- Quality Documents containing QSCS (IACS’ Quality System Certification Scheme) description, Quality Management System Requirements, Audit Requirements, ACB (Accredited Certification Bodies) requirements and other quality procedures.
- IACS Charter and IACS Procedures which define the purpose, aim and working procedures of the Association.
These publications are of interest to Ship Designers, Consultants, Shipbuilders, Classification Societies, Ship-owners, Shipbrokers, Insurers, Associations, Accredited Certification Bodies, flag States, Port State Control, MOUs and the shipping industry at large.
The latest version of the Blue Book is available for downloading from the IACS website by clicking below: