(www.MaritimeCyprus.com) In the period 2015-2016, 17 new vessels were launched adding a total of 41162 passenger capacity to the worldwide industry, which was 9,1% growth, with additional USD 3,4 billion dollars in annual revenue.
By the year 2027, based on all current shipbuilding orders, Royal Caribbean (RCCL) will be ranked the world's largest passenger shipping company (estimated annual passenger capacity 5,7 million) followed by Carnival Corporation (approx 5 million passengers annually).
- MSC's passenger capacity will be increased by nearly 160% (2027 over 2017) from approx 1,7 million to 4,4 million passengers.
- NCL Norwegian's passenger capacity growth (2027 over 2017) will be approx 65% (2,14 million to 3,3 million).
- The annual capacity growth of Celebrity will be 62,5% (0,8 million to 1.3 million), of Princess 28% (1,8 million to 2,3 million).
- New major companies entering the cruising market are Virgin Voyages and Ritz-Carlton.
Next YouTube video is about the new luxury mega-yacht Scenic Eclipse designed for polar cruises (to Antarctica and Arctic destinations).
The MSC's new liners feature expanded facilities (theater, MSC Yacht Club, solarium, amusement park, aqua park, 2-deck "inside promenade"), new dining options, new cabin categories (duplex suites in the Yacht Club area), optimized hull design, better propulsion and fuel scrubbers.
In February 2016, MSC announced it would build two new mega ships of the so called "Meraviglia Plus” class. There is unofficial information about an additional MSC shiporder for four more Meraviglia-plus class (GT 177,000 tons) ships. Each is able to carry up to 6,300 passengers at full capacity. Each of the two newbuilds has 200 additional cabins and is 16 meters longer compared to the Meraviglia class ships,
This makes the MSC (as a private company) the largest foreign investor in France – with over USD 8,6 billion in export contracts over a period of 5 years.
- On April 6, 2016, MSC signed a letter of intent with STX France for construction of up to four new class vessels. The ships are LNG-powered, with GT tonnage 200,000 tons and passenger capacity 5,400 (at double occupancy).
- During MSC Seaside ship's delivery ceremony (November 29, 2017), MSC announced the order of 2 more "Seaside EVO" class cruise ships from Fincantieri (contract value EUR 1,8 billion). The new ships are bigger (16 m longer, 17,330 GT tons heavier, capacity 467 more passengers) in comparison to the sister-ships Seaview and Seaside. The newbuilds' deliveries were scheduled for 2021 and 2023.
- With the addition of Seaside EVO, MSC had an unprecedented total investment of EUR 10,5 billion into 12 new vessels with scheduled deliveries by 2026.
Reblogged this on Brittius.
Le navi da crociera occupano un ruolo fondamentale nella economia globale
I would like to work on one of those cruise ships. Email: email@example.com. cellular 829-347-5819