This position is responsible for providing operational supports to the dedicated vessels in the fleet cell with regards to computerized Planned Maintenance System and statutory requirements.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assists and provides support to the technical superintendents in organizing, coordinating, monitoring and following-up on fleet's class records and various outstanding items, defect reports, repairs and in organizing attendances for on-board services, surveys, inspections (external providers, service stations etc.) in consultation with technical superintendents
- Assists the technical department in organizing new projects and dry-dockings under the guidance of the technical superintendents.
- Compiles technical reports according to prescribed formats and ship's owners requirements. Ensures that PMS is constantly updated and/or revised, as required by reviewing and monitoring work orders and maintenance history data
- Monitors and reviews vessel consumptions & reporting (lubricants, bunkers, paints, FW etc.) and various analysis reports, as received and distributes respective files accordingly
- Provides secretarial and administrative support to General Manager, Fleet Managers and Superintendents to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the technical service projects under management and the administrative duties of the departments are accomplished
- Deals with administrative matters of the office whenever necessary and be occupied with the financing of the office in communication with the external accountant and under the direct supervision of the General Manager, to ensure the smooth and efficient preparation of the bookkeeping
Competencies & Qualification
- Bachelor degree related to maritime subjects or Apprenticeship in Maritime Sector
- At least 2 years' experience in the maritime industry preferred
- An effective communicator with a good command of the English language both spoken & written
- Computer literate and proficiency on MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint)
- Good with people (interpersonal skills) and well organized
- Accountable, adaptable, attentive to detail, able to build and maintain work relationships
Information collected will be kept confidential and used strictly for recruitment purpose only.
To apply, visit this link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1912702943/
Vacancy posted: 10 July 2020
Vacancy deadline: not mentioned