Vacancy Nr: VN2526
Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.
Overall Purpose of The Job
The Systems Administrator (SA) will be primarily responsible for maintaining the data quality in the CMS accurate at all times. Towards this effort, he/she is responsible to liaise with all the departments and verify that the information in the system is correct and up to date. The SA is also responsible to bring to the attention of the management any issues from lack of proper data, bad practises and also provide ideas and suggestions on how the data quality and overall the system can be improved.
Another important role of the position is to support the daily needs of the end users and provide quick support where and when this is possible. If more involved support is needed, then, the issues will need to be escalated to the vendor and/or to !SD and follow up until the successful resolution of the issue.
The SA is also responsible for managing the Power BI solution of the company, maintain it, and generate the necessary reports that will be able to support the needs of the company at all levels of seniority
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Update and maintain the master data in the system at all times as per instructions provided by relevant department (users, item master, vessel master, budgets, etc)
2. Receiver of all the support issues and maintenance of a log for future need (identify training needs, system bugs, etc)
3. Provide 1st level support and guidance to all CMS users (!5' level support and guidance means all daily and
repetitive issues that can be easily supported and provision of high level hands on training to users when and if needed)
4. Provide P' level support to users for issues that relate to the Vessel Portal
5. Liaise with higher levels of support and escalation of other non-1st level issues to them (immediate supervisor and/or vendor where applicable), and follow up for final resolution of all system issues
6. Design, preparation and distribution of reports extracted from the system
7. Identification of areas of concern and suggest areas of improvement for the systems
Required Experience ESSENTIAL:
• Strong understanding of business processes and existing systems within scope of the project.
• Confident communicator, willing to take a leading role in improving the business.
• Well respected amongst peers.
• Excellent team working skills: able to solve problems collaboratively.
• Structured, methodical approach.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.
Applications Close Date 07 May 2021