- To promote & sell WPS globally, develop the current activities and seek constant growth to our commercial activities on a global scale.
- Actively promote business development for WPS.
- Overall responsibility of the day to day sales activities.
- Visit customers that are beneficial to WPS globally
- Meeting the Company’s statutory and fiscal obligations
- Ensuring the sales performance meets the agreed Key Performance Indicators and targets set
- Liaise with the Group Finance Manager on SOAs and manage the overall financial situation for our key clients
- Provide a monthly report to the Managing Director regarding our sales activities
- Seek continuous improvements in our CRM
- Act as Ambassador for WPS seeking growth in our global business
- Prospect the market for customers promoting all available services; develop these accounts in a structured manner.
- Retain existing customers through regular sales contact and professional relationship building.
- Ensure that all enquiries are followed up in a timely fashion.
- Make sure that enquiries subsequent to a sales call are handled professionally
- Participate together with the responsible manager in negotiation of rates with local & overseas clients focussing on our Key Global Partners.
- Ensure to collect and provide necessary information from clients & pass on to port operations and commercial in Switzerland and Cyprus so as to enable them to send out feedback in a timely manner.
- Timely collection of customer dues related to our sales activities, while ensuring zero unapproved credit.
- Weekly Sales Activity Report to be submitted to Managing Director every Monday.
- Monthly Sales Report to be to be ready in the specified format and supplied to the Country Managers on a monthly basis.
- Build and develop the Prospect List of accounts and share the same with Country Managers as well as upload in WayGate.
- Ensure that the Prospect List is built and developed with periodical follow up
- Complete regular evaluations on proactive actions / customer feedback for improvement.
- Use Customer Feedback to ensure that continuous improvement is measured through process compliance and entered in the WayGate system.
The Global Sales Manager will be measured against:
- Number of clients gained per quarter in each location.
- Increase in EBIT for every new client obtained, year on year
- Total amount of leads generated in other Waypoint Countries.
- Learning and growth through competence development.
- Business growth and development in Asia.
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- Have a valid driving license
- Have a clean police conduct report
- At ease with the latest IT solutions and able to handle smart phone technology
- Have at least 10 years sales experience in port agency with evident success
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer relationship building skills
- Ease to communicate effectively and clearly
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable, enthusiastic and professional ATTITUDE
- Confident in relating to different organisational levels
- Available to work outside normal working office hours, many times under stressful situations
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organised, disciplined and strong personality
- Result oriented