Columbia Shipmanagement seeks to strengthen their Crewing team in Limassol with an experienced and motivated Crewing Superintendent.
- Reviewing and monitoring the safe manning of all vessels, based on minimum safe manning and special manning requirements in relation to age, trade, type and condition of the vessel as well as in compliance with the agreed vessel’s budget;
- Ensuring that all Seafarers are trained and qualified in full compliance with Company’s, STCW and Flag State requirements;
- Ensuring that all Seafarers have passed a medical examination performed by a qualified independent medical doctor and obtained a medical certificate before joining a vessel;
- Conducting crew changes in compliance with the Seafarers’ Employment Agreement;
- Liaising with the vessel, owners and/or operators suitable date/port of crew change;
- Arranging and monitoring travel arrangements for Seafarers including visa requirements;
- Ensuring that Seafarer Employment Agreements are issued in compliance with MLC, Flag State, and National requirements;
- Arranging suitable travel arrangements allowing sufficient time for handing over of duties and familiarization;
- Ensuring that expenses not covered in the manning agreement are debited to owners;
- Monitoring of crew performance including the progress of any cadets and arranging follow-up where required;
- Being fully conversant with the Company’s Management System;
- Implementing effectively the Company’s Management System;
- Contributing to the development of new or the amendment of existing procedures;
- Promoting and supporting efforts for continual improvement;
- Monitoring training needs and initiating follow-up of identified training needs as appropriate;
- Reviewing vessel disbursement accounts;
- Maintaining Seafarer records;
- Liaising with all parties concerned in case of sickness and/or accidents;
- Seagoing experience on Tankers as a Deck or Engineering Officer, or a university degree and experience in Crewing Operations of not less than 2 years with a Tanker experience;
- Good command of the English language and strong interpersonal skills;
- Good controlling and communication skills;
- Any additional language knowledge will be considered as an advantage.
- All applications will be treated in a strictly confidential manner.