Energean is an independent E&P company focused on developing resources in the Mediterranean and UK North Sea. With presence in nine countries Energean is operating production, development and exploration assets with an excellent HSE track record.
The company has an approximately 70% gas weighted portfolio with more than 800 MMboe 2P reserves and 2C resources and our flagship development assets are the multi-tcf Karish, Karish North and Tanin gas fields, offshore Israel.
Energean is committed to sustainable development and to be a net zero emitter by 2050 contributing to the global net zero target. The company also strives to meet United Nations' 17 Sustainable Development Goals through its day-to-day operations and a wide range of corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Being an equal opportunity employer and valuing diversity Energean does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Energean is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our finance team in Cyprus. The role is to assume full responsibility of the accounting activities, taxes and administrative duties in compliance with local laws, regulations and Finance policies & procedures.
- Manage E&P accounting daily operations included: month and end-year process, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, asset ledger, payroll and utilities
- Review reconciliations performed of general ledger accounts (vendors, banks etc)
- Perform month-end accounting activities (general ledger)
- Periodical review of payroll files prepared by external advisors
- Efficient cooperation with all related departments and timely acquisition and process of financial information
- Supporting assigned tasks for month and year end close. Reconciliations of accounting records with monthly financial reports
- Participate in the development of the company’s financial reports (B/S, P/L, Cash Flow)
- Review company’s Asset register and ensure assets treatment is in line with group accounting policies
- Periodical review of TAX/VAT returns prepared by external advisors
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations
- Bachelor’s degree or above in related fields, like accounting or finance.
- 5+ years of experience in in accounting, preferably in an international company or a BIG4
- ACA, ACCA qualification (preferred)
- Experienced SAP user.
- Highly developed team working and communication skills.
- Target-oriented working approach
Please apply online by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Energean recruitment team and no agency contact is required.