Dromon Bureau of Shipping (Dromon Class) is seeking the employment of a Marine Officer for the support ofits Marine Division.
The position’s primary role is to monitor the port state control inspections of Dromon Class fleet, monitor the transfer of certification department, instruct and follow up surveys to be carried out by field surveyors and carry out surveys/audits if requested.
- Review the port state control inspection regime of DBS and inform relevant parties.
- Calculate the performance of DBS on port state control inspections.
- Execute surveys/audits reviews in an efficient, unbiased, way in full compliance to Organisation’s requirements as applicable.
- Monitor Transfer of Certification Department and responsible for the preparation of ships appraisal form.
- Provide Dromon fleet and clients any support needed.
- Release Instruction to surveyors/auditors.
- Prompt and accurate reporting.
- Use of correct issue of controlled documents and reference material.
- Correct and accurate identification of all documents received or produced.
- Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering is mandatory.
- Previous work experience in ship surveying and audits.
- Previous experience in classification society will be as advantage.
- Proficiency in the English Language commensurate with the scope of class and statutory certification and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under pressure.
- Organizational skills.
- Planning skills and ability to prioritize to adhere to deadlines.
- Computer literate.
Conditions of Employment:
Salary and benefits according with the candidate’s knowledge and experience.
How to Apply:
Please send an updated CV and a cover letter for the attention of Human Resources Manager at:
Your application will be treated confidential.
About the Company:
Dromon Class has been established in 2003 as an independent International Classification Society for seagoing vessels and other marine structures dedicated to provide classification and statutory certification services with the constant objective of protecting the environment and life at sea.
Provides traditional Classification and Statutory Certification services on behalf of total twelve Flag Administrations as well as EU MRV services with a network of 70 surveyors & auditors distributed world-wide. Operates under various standards such as ISO 9001, 17020, 14065 and OHSAS 18001.
For further information please visit www.dromon.com