The Crewing Officer is working closely with the Crewing Manager and/or CrewingSupervisor for hiring, training and management of crew including crew changes, crew certificates, crew flights etc. on board the Company’s fleet while monitoring departmental budgets.
- Selects and recruits crew according to the STCW Convention, MLC and Administration’s requirements.
- Ensures that vessels’ crew are carefully screened and selected and controls safe embarkation and disembarkation.
- Arranges the fleet’s crew planning, crew changes, relieve, and holidays.
- Coordinates with the Master and/or other departments as necessary concerning crew matters.
- Coordinates with the respective port agent and other interesting parties for a crew change.
- Remains abreast with legislation concerning seafarers as well as new regulations concerning visa requirements and other national flag and international rules.
- Arranges for the crew’s flag endorsement and seaman’s book and remains abreast with the flag regulation. Liaises with the Master and arranges safe delivery of documents to Flag Office / Vessels.
- Liaises with Manning Agencies as well as directly with seamen.
- Makes suggestions on the policy to be pursued in relation to crew recruitment and implements the relevant decisions after the management approval.
- Prepares, signs, and stamps the crews’ Contract of Employments.
- Processes crew P&I claims.
- Assists the Accounts Department in the preparation of crew payroll and coordinates for home allotments / cash advances / bonuses / various expenses etc.
- Maintains Danaos Software Filing System for the crew.
- Keeps continually good relations with manning and port agents as well as with the Administration.
- Follows up the Six Month’s List of seafarers engaged, discharged, and repatriated from vessels and forward to the Administration, as may be required.
- Ensures implementation of the Company’s Safety Management System in the area of the responsibilities and proposes any changes for improvement.
- A degree or equivalent qualification from a tertiary institution recognized within a relevant field of Shipping or Business Administration or HumanResource Management or related subject (minimum three years program).
- At least two (2) years of working experience within the shipping industry, preferably in a similar position.
- Ability to administer and work under pressure.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Have a proactive approach.
- Possesses a strong sense of ethics and accountability.
- Strong communicator with excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong English and good Greek language communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Any other language (especially Russian) will be considered an advantage.
- Computer literate.
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV to:
Closing Date: 19/08/2022