A. Karitzis & Associates L.L.C, the first Law Firm in Cyprus that is Certified as a Great Place to work, is seeking to recruit a qualified Lawyer for their Limassol Office in their Commercial/Corporate Department and Shipping Department (Dual Role).
Professional and Academic Qualifications:
- At least three (3) years of post-qualification experience in the legal corporate sector.
- LL.B (Bachelor of Laws) with a minimum grade of 2.1 (upper second) or equivalent.
- LL.M. (Master of Laws) in Shipping or related field or Legal Practice Course (LPC) will be considered an advantage.
- Fluent in Greek and English, both written and oral. Additional language will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to take initiatives, work under minimum direction and take responsibility for own actions.
- Dynamic with pleasant personality.
- Self-motivated and able to cooperate efficiently and harmoniously with co-workers.
- Drafting and reviewing all type of corporate documents and agreements, including, but not limited to, resolutions, minutes, PoAs, M&AA, SHAs, SPAs, JVs, partnership agreements etc.
- Drafting and reviewing of any type of contracts or other legal instruments
- Undertaking any kind of corporate procedures in the Department of Registrar of Companies andIntellectual Property (Cyprus) and communicating/liaising with or attending the aforesaid Department
- Studying and familiarizing with any existing or new legislation in any area of law and provide coherent and comprehensive advice to the clients
- Drafting of Legal Opinions on any legal subject
- Advising clients and maintaining client relations
- Attend meeting(s) with clients in Cyprus or abroad
- Research on case law and statutes of Cyprus, UK and EU legislation
- Applying AML, KYC and GDPR procedures according to the relevant Laws and Regulations
- Attending professional or other conferences or events in Cyprus or abroad for insight and networking
- Guiding clients through any governmental or other state procedures and communicating /liaising with or attending any respective Governmental or other state authorities in that regard, including but not limited to:
- Undertaking all types of Cyprus Immigration applications and other matters, including, but not limited to, applications for PRP and Citizenship under the respective Government policies or programs
- Undertaking all types of applications and procedures to the Department of Lands and Surveys, Tax Department, Labour Office, CySEC, Stock Exchange etc.
- Opening of Bank Accounts in Cyprus or abroad
- Collaborating with the Firm’s legal team to support clients on legal issues pertaining to the Corporate and Immigration sectors
- Undertake any other responsibilities of a lawyer, according to the needs of the Firm;
Contributing by writing of articles and other publications that the Firm posts or publishes on its official website and on other webpages, newsletters, journals or other publications of legal or other content
- Actively participate, assist and contribute to the implementation of the Firm’s strategic planning and marketing strategy
- Conducting and arranging procedures with the Deputy Ministry of Shipping, inlcuding the registration of vessels in Cyprus and abroad, change of vessels’ name, deletion of a vessel from the registry, deposition of mortgages, change of ownership and other related matters
- Liaising with Clients and with the Deputy Ministry of Shipping on a daily basis.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Attractive remuneration package depending on qualifications and experience
- 13th salary and bonuses (discretionary)
- Provident Fund
- 22 days annual leave
All interested candidates should submit their CV to the email following email address:
using the following subject: CORPORATE / SHIPPING LAWYER.
Upon submission, a delivery confirmation shall be sent to the applicant. If no confirmation is received within 48 working hours from submission, the applicant is kindly requested to resubmit his/her application.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
A. KARITZIS & ASSOCIATES L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer.