Sea Chefs is a group of companies offering hotel, restaurant and crew management services for both seagoing and river cruise vessels. It is one of the cruise industry’s leading service providers worldwide. Currently, we employ and manage about 16,000 employees onboard a fleet of more than 65 of seagoing and river cruise ships; plus, we employ 200 employees in our shoreside offices based:
in Basel and Zug in Switzerland,
in Limassol in Cyprus,
in Valletta in Malta, and
in Hamburg and Berlin in Germany.
We are looking to hire:
Position: Executive Assistant to the Managing Director
We need a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly.
Candidates must be excellent with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, candidates should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
As an Executive Assistant to the Managing Director, you will be primarily responsible for maximizing the Managing Director’s time and promoting a positive company image.
The position requires administrative efficiency, judgment, passion for business excellence, strong work ethic and team spirit, patience and dedication to completing Managing Director’s immediate and longerterm objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or law or equivalent
- At least 5 years or more in an administrative role, preferably with a background & passion for the shipping field
- Strong proficiency with computers, phones and office equipment
- Mastery of Microsoft office suite (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and working in a windows environment
- General awareness ISO standards and GDPR requirements
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English, including clean grammar
- Calendar management
- German and/or French language knowledge will be considered an advantage
- Cypriot or EU citizen or must have a Work Permit to work in Cyprus
- Cypriot or EU driving license
- Ability and willingness to travel abroad
- Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Trustworthiness and ability to handle financial matters
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management, internally and externally
- Detail oriented with great accuracy
- Handling personal, sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong work ethics
- Confidence to learn new software programs
- Desire to be effectively helpful, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships
- A positive outlook and a can-do attitude
- Draft letters and emails
- Perform clerical functions - draft and type meeting recaps and miscellaneous correspondence
- Prepare and maintain minutes of meetings
- Provide professional phone coverage at all times; screen all calls and determine through
independent judgment those which require immediate attention
- Provide day-to-day logistical and operational support
- Meet and greet guests for management
- Monitor Calendar to understand the day’s priorities and arrange meetings
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats
- Maintain and update contacts lists
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate filing system
- Make and coordinate travel arrangements including arranging hotel and flight bookings and airport pickups
- Monitor relevant financial matters such as payments of invoices or other expenses associated with executive or office business activities
- Communicate and maintain relationships with vendors and contractors
- Communicate and inform other locations of the Group when and if required
- Collaborate on projects by conducting research, writing and fact-checking
- Prepare information packages for meetings and presentations
- Collaborate with other members of the executive office staff to evaluate office operations and potential enhancements
- Develop and maintain a project and activity system to ensure that all deadlines and obligations are met as scheduled
- Always ensure the business continuity of the executive office
- Being aware of and implement job related parts of the company’s IMS
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the management
This recruitment invitation ends on the 31st of March 2023 at 13:00.
Only Candidates who meet the specified requirements outlined above should apply.
Please forward your CV, in English, to the following email:
The recipients of your personal data are authorized officers and employees of sea chefs Cruises Ltd who are responsible for assessing your job application. The data contained in the CV will be used only for recruitment purposes.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange for interviews during which they will be asked to review and sign the Privacy Notice for Shoreside Candidates.
The shortlisted CVs will be stored, in a predetermined area, for safekeeping, where access is controlled.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. We wish to inform you that you have the following rights:
To access your data in order to rectify it.
To delete and stop processing your personal data (“Right to be forgotten”).
Other rights: in addition, you may have rights to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long, have its processing restricted in certain circumstances and/or to obtain copies of information we hold about you in electronic form.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting us and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request and respond within 30 days, so long as it is consistent with applicable law.
If you do not receive any communication regarding the position within 15 to 20 working days after the closing date, you may assume that you haven’t been shortlisted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that for personal data purposes we will delete all CVs of the candidates who will not be shortlisted.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.