Career opportunity to join MSC SHIPMANAGEMENT LIMITED, one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Due to our continuous growth and expansion, we are currently looking for a Quality, Safety & Insurance Assistant to join the Safety, Quality & Insurance Department.
In this role, you will use your professional skills and knowledge to support and assist our Safety, Quality & Insurance Department and contribute in achieving the Department’s objectives in line with our high internal standards and external requirements. You will keep abreast with development related to your duties and responsibilities and you will take on any other duties as and when required by your Manager. You will demonstrate a basic but good understanding of QHSE management systems, your competency for effective communication, organization, adaptability and your strong computer skills.
- Maintaining updated records and ensuring the application of all statutory documents.
- Preparing, implementing, participating and following up of the Office Internal and External Audit program.
- Monitoring vessels’ certificates and documentation related to ISM Code, ISPS, MLC & ISO Compliance.
- Following up on corrective actions and closing of non-conformities by responsible staff in the office.
- Circulating safety and security-related information received from external sources to the Fleet.
- Performing analysis and statistical recording of Accidents, Incidents and Near
- Collating and recording the Opportunity for Improvement of the fleet as per the Manager’s instructions.
- Recording and analyzing deficiencies issued during Port State & Flag State inspection.
- Monitoring vessels’ reporting on correction and submitting appropriate reports to Flag State Administrations after consultation with Managers/Deputy managers.
- Processing and registering ENC to the provider after obtaining approval.
- Monitoring the update of the Department’s records in AMOS 2 including audits, PSC & FS Inspections, Certificates, Incidents, Accidents and near-miss reports.
- Preparing for review by Superintendents / CSO / Deputy CSO and submitting of Ship Security Plans, Ship Security Assessments and other recognized organizations and/or Flag State Administration.
- Monitoring the submission of the End-of-Month reports by the fleet in AMOS 2.
- Obtaining Authorization from Flag State Administration for placing of Security Guards on board.
- Preparing the “Take-over” boxes and other and, arranging their delivery to the agreed destination.
- Applying and proceeding with amendments of CSR’s.
- Arranging applications for vessels as required such as vessels calling US and Panama.
- Assisting and follow up on Insurance matters including crew injury & claims, stevedore damage, certificates, record keeping etc.
- Updating all Safety & Quality Department’s and Company’s KPI as scheduled by Fleet Director – Safety, Quality & Insurance and assisting in preparing the Management Review Minute.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Shipping / Maritime or related to the role.
- Previous working experience in Safety & Quality and/or Technical position.
- Strong IT Skills. Experience in AMOS will be considered as an advantage.
- Basic knowledge and a good understanding of QSEEMS.
- Basic knowledge of International and National regulations and requirements.
- Planning and Organizational skills.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Reporting writing skills.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
A very attractive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Please forward your resume with a cover letter here.