On behalf of our client, a top-tier, rapidly growing transportation company, with a focus on high-value transportation investments in shipping, intermodal, aviation, and rail, we are seeking to hire a Senior Accountant with at least 5 years of relevant work experience. The individual will join a new growing, diverse and multi-jurisdictional accounting & finance team to support a growing ship, and other transportation assets, owner group structure.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Maintenance of books and records on an ongoing basis, including ownership of the periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) close and reporting processes for sub-group(s) and designated fleets, ensuring the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness in delivering books and records, and the integrity of the accounting infrastructure and the team’s deliverables (Group GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS, etc).
- Perform/review journal postings, accounting reconciliations, and supporting schedules that substantiate the book keeping.
- Ownership and maintenance of accruals, and provisions, in partnership with required stakeholders.
- Trial balance preparation/review.
- Adhere to accounting policies and controls.
- Production of standalone and consolidated financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statements, SOCE, at times for entities in multiple jurisdictions.
- Post-fixture financial operations (asset owner revenue, receivables processes) for a number of assets, including coordination and oversight of cost verification and approval processes for a number of vendors by partnering with required teams.
- Assist with Corporate and office-related financial processes (invoices, billing, approvals), including reviewing expense claims, and credit card reconciliations.
- Ownership of accounts payable, support the payments process and/or work closely with the payments team to ensure an efficient, effective and controlled payment process.
- Working closely with tax subject matter experts, understanding, calculating and posting relevant tax & VAT bookings where applicable.
- Excellent attention to detail in overseeing books and records, and performing financial calculations.
- Where required, provide support in loan compliance-related processes.
- Interact with independent external auditors, tax practitioners, and third-party service providers.
- Partnering with various functions within the organisation to maximize the effectiveness of the Accounting team, including Operations, Technical, Commercial, Legal, Newbuilding.
- Ownership of the financial statement process for businesses in the structure (standalone, consolidated).
- Project manage tasks or ad hoc business change initiatives as required, mapping processes, uncovering opportunities, and making proposals for continual improvement, including working on systems implementation and testing. Assist in the implementation of a global ERP system and reporting solution.
- Understanding of investment structures and transactions (purchase/sale/financing) with ability to evaluate the accounting, financial or reporting implications of such contracts or proposals.
- Perform accounting research, assimilation, analysis, with ownership over the preparation of technically complex accounting memos (multi GAAP).
- Assisting with establishing and adhering to proper accounting and finance procedures, policies and principles, and filing structure.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)– excellent knowledge of the English language is expected with the ability to interact with senior management.
- Strong financial and accounting experience. Prior knowledge and maritime industry background is desirable.
- ACA, ACCA, C.P.A. or Chartered Accountant equivalent required, or working towards.
- Demonstrable top performance record.
- Understanding of US GAAP, IFRS - able to work with other GAAPs by analysing issues, and liaising with auditors.
- Proactive, diligent, reliable, driven and self-motivated, with willingness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills, delivering quality results within set deadlines.
- Willingness to develop professionally through ongoing feedback and quality improvement initiatives.
- Competent with various software packages, including office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and usage of new technologies (automation, new system rollouts).
- Rigorous, methodical, analytical.
- Project management: ability to manage tasks, research, and arrive at effective proposals.
- Both an independent worker and team collaborator that builds long-term relationships.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!