On behalf of our client, a top-tier, rapidly growing transportation company, with a focus on high-value transportation investments in shipping, intermodal, aviation, and rail, is seeking to hire an Accountant. The individual will join a new growing, diverse and multi-jurisdictional accounting & finance team to support a growing ship owner group structure.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Maintenance of books and records on an ongoing basis, including ownership of the periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) close and reporting processes for sub-group(s) and designated fleets, ensuring the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness in delivering books and records, and the integrity of the accounting infrastructure and the team’s deliverables (Group GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS, etc).
- Perform journal postings, accounting reconciliations, and supporting schedules that substantiate the bookkeeping.
- Accruals, provisions, in partnership with required stakeholders.
- Trial balance preparation.
- Adhere to accounting policies and controls.
- Production (or supporting the production) of standalone and consolidated financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statements, SOCE, at times for entities in multiple jurisdictions.
- Post-fixture financial operations (asset owner revenue, receivables processes) for a number of assets, including coordination and oversight of cost verification and approval processes for a number of vendors by partnering with required teams.
- Assist with Corporate and office-related financial processes (invoices, billing, approvals), including reviewing expense claims, and credit card reconciliations.
- Ownership of accounts payable, support the payments process and/or work closely with the payments team to ensure an efficient, effective and controlled payments process.
- Working closely with tax subject matter experts and senior team members, understanding, calculating and posting relevant tax & VAT bookings where applicable.
- Excellent attention to detail in maintaining books and records, performing financial calculations.
- Where required, provide support in loan compliance-related processes.
- Where required, interact with independent external auditors, tax practitioners, and third party service providers.
- Support the financial statement process for businesses in the structure (standalone, consolidated). • Ad hoc tasks as required, mapping processes, including working on systems implementation and testing. Assist in the implementation of a global ERP system and reporting solution.
- Understanding of investment structures and transactions (purchase/sale/financing) with ability to evaluate the accounting, financial or reporting implications of such contracts or proposals.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)– excellent knowledge of the English language is expected with ability to interact with senior management.
- Strong financial and accounting educational background and/or experience. Prior knowledge and/or maritime industry background is desirable.
- ACA, ACCA, C.P.A. or Chartered Accountant equivalent desired, working towards, or desire to commence programme.
- Demonstrable top educational or work performance record.
- Understanding of accounting frameworks (US GAAP, IFRS – willingness and ability to learn to work with multiple GAAPs by analysing issues, liaising with seniors and auditors).
- Proactive, diligent, reliable, driven and self-motivated, with willingness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills, delivering quality results within set deadlines.
- Willingness to develop professionally through ongoing feedback and quality improvement initiatives.
- Competent with various software packages, including office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and usage of new technologies (automation, new system rollouts).
- Both an independent worker and team collaborator that builds long-term relationships
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!