MSC SHIPMANAGEMENT Ltd, one of the world’s leading shipmanagement companies, continues its growth and fleet expansion and as a result we constantly looking to strengthen our teams. Currently, we are looking for a Technical Superintendent to join our Technical Department.
Role Overview: In this role, you are responsible for all technical, operational and performance aspects of the vessels assigned in order to achieve their optimum level of performance.
- Ensuring the overall day-to-day operation of the vessels assigned maintaining effective communication with vessel and the required follow-up on daily, weekly, monthly and other routine reports and feedback on any deviations from normal limits with actions to be taken by vessel staff.
- Monitoring and review performance based on set KPIs on a quarterly basis and ensuring that necessary steps are taken for improvement if deemed necessary.
- Coordinating all necessary documentation ensuring that these are always administered, followed-up, recorded and updated as required in order that vessels are in full compliance. Such documentation includes Flag, Classification Societies and other statutory requirements.
- Reviewing class status regularly, planning surveys within their window period and carry out / arranging in a timely manner being in contact with Class as deemed necessary and keep vessel informed on survey status on a monthly basis.
- Following up PSC inspection deficiencies and rectifying accordingly during stipulated period.
- Ensuring that necessary equipment is calibrated and certificates are present on-board.
- Ensuring the review of incidents and accidents reports and such are sent to vessels and, following up with Insurance department on potential insurance cases and assisting in costing and reports as and as required.
- Inspecting vessels to prepare Dry-dock, repairs, project specs by performing budgeting and cost control measures. Review vessel’s specification and amending to actual requirements. Contacting yards and workshops in vessels’ trading areas, receive and evaluate quotes in a timely manner. Ordering spares in advance and ensures timely delivery with the most economical mode of transportation.
- Prepare and present DD project presentation for General Technical Manager and attending vessel dry-dock, repairs and surveys as required. Compiling and providing documented reports upon projects’ completion including works performed, operational budgets and actual expenditure.
- Preparing annual / dry-dock/ project budget for approval within the required timeframe. Reviewing, following-up and controlling the budget VAR on a monthly budget and inform Technical Manager on any excess deviation in order all efforts to be taken for maintaining the approved limits.
- Responsible for the approval of all the vessels’ related expenses/agency disbursements/supplies/repairs and other related expensed may arise as per the internal approval authorities.
- Interviewing, briefing and evaluation the sailing staff as and when is required. Contribute with recommendations on training, development, promotion for the Senior Officers and Junior Officers as deemed necessary. Keep crew motivated and fostering and healthy working environment on-board.
- Keep abreast with developments related to the role of Technical Superintendent.
- Acquiring any other duties assigned by the management.
- Skills and Experience:
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Chief Engineer’s qualification and previous sailing experience in this role.
- Knowledge of technical operations of vessels
- Knowledge in the running and maintenance of marine equipment.
- Knowledge of commercial aspects of impact when a vessel is compromised for technical reasons.
- Awareness of environmental issues and environmental safety rule and regulations
- Planning and organization skills
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- People management skills
- Influencing skills
- Budgeting and monitoring skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Report writing skills
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Computer Literacy.
An attractive, above the market average compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.