Steamship Mutual is a P&I insurance company, with 210 employees worldwide. The head office is based near Liverpool Street station, London. We have offices in Bermuda, Brazil, Cyprus, Greece, Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore.
Overall Job Purpose: Responsibility to provide underwriting services to the Yacht Team in respect of assigned work. The role is based in our Limassol Office, but the Yacht team is spread across Cyprus and London and working with brokers worldwide.
- To promote the relationship between the Club and existing Brokers.
- To handle all underwriting matters within assigned areas as directed in accordance with company procedures.
- To identify the need for loss prevention activity.
- To ensure that all electronic correspondence, whether received or sent, relating to workload assigned to the particular individual is promptly and correctly filed in accordance with the agreed working practices and to maintain and keep updated such e:files.
- Working with a degree of independence, taking ownership and responsibility for your caseload, but seeking advice and supportive guidance from Yacht Team Manager or Directors as appropriate.
- To delegate appropriate work to Syndicate Assistants and assist in the development of their capabilities to effectively maximise their potential.
- To support the Syndicate Underwriting objectives.
- To contribute to the continuous development and improvement of Company procedures and systems.
- To carry out any other duties that are within the scope of personal skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- To attend appropriate training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Previous experience with a P&I Club or P&I broker preferred but not required.
- Ability to undertake tasks independently and to prioritise individual workload.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- A good eye for detail and accuracy.
- Organised, motivated and methodical.
- Proactive and able to use own initiative.
- Good people skills and communication style.
- Team player.
- Eligibility to work in Cyprus.
What you will get:
- Joining our collaborative, supportive and friendly working environment, you will enjoy a rewarding career with the opportunity to build on your existing skills and knowledge.
- We offer great work life balance initiatives, including competitive hybrid working policy.
- Clear and transparent career pathway – offering you continued support with enhancing your skills and creating employment development opportunities.
- We offer free educational access to the Protection & Indemnity Qualification, created by the International Group of P&I Clubs.
- An attractive benefits package which includes, private healthcare, and a generous employer’s contribution to the Steamship Group Pension Fund.
- We also provide competitive health subsidy, and access to our comprehensive wellbeing and savings programme throughout the year, to create an environment that supports everyone’s mental and physical health.
Mutuality - ensuring fairness amongst Club Members
Integrity - upholding high ethical, legal, and regulatory standards
Safety and Sustainability - contributing to safety of life at sea and the preservation of the environment
Transparency - building strong relationships based on trust and open communication
Excellence - enabling our people to realise their full potential as team members, industry experts, leaders, and managers
Collaborative - embracing flexibility, diversity, and inclusivity
**Steamship Insurance Agency (Europe) Limited is committed to providing a great service to all our members. We pride ourselves on offering a people-centred culture that provides mutual respect and support for all our staff and we welcome and encourage you to apply**