Sea Chefs is a group of companies offering hotel, restaurant and crew management services for both seagoing and river cruise vessels. It is one of the cruise industry’s leading service providers worldwide. Currently, they employ and manage thousands of employees onboard a remarkable fleet of seagoing and river cruise ships; our shoreside offices are based: in Basel and Zug in Switzerland, in Limassol in Cyprus, in Valletta in Malta, and in Hamburg and Berlin in Germany.
They are looking to hire an HR Crewing Scheduler.
We need a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management with relevant knowledge and quality service.
Candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should be always prepared, alert, and willing to meet each challenge directly.
Candidates must have excellent computers skills and excel in both verbal and written communication.
Most importantly, candidates should have a genuine desire to anticipate and attend to the needs of others.
- Degree in Human Resources and/or Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent Computer Skills (Windows environment, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet)
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and oral)
- Any additional language is an advantage i.e. German, French
- Holder of European Driving License
- Knowledge of MLC 2006, STCW, Flag State Requirements, Rules & Regulations
- Knowledge of Vessel Management & Maritime Business
- Knowledge of seafarers’ documentation
- Organizing and planning ability
- Be systematic and consistent
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within specific time constraints
- Tenacity, efficiency, team working ability, commitment
- Communication skills at various levels
- Professionalism, career orientated
- Self motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Willingness to work in a demanding, dynamic environment
- Able to work accurately under pressure
- Good team worker
- Organization of crew schedules and rotation, including vacations, with continuous follow-ups,
- Controls the Heads of Departments overview relief schedules in liaison with the HR Crewing Officer
- Communicates with the “Corporates”, “Travelers” and “Operations” for the development of crew schedules and rotations
- Updates the HR System upon receipt of Crew Changes List from vessels and notifies the Travel Administration Officer to carry out the traveling arrangements
- Enters Vessel Itineraries in the HR System
- Contacts the vessels regarding sign off, re-joining date of crew, and vacation plan
- Communicates with the vessels regarding crew planning
- Maintains the Crew Standby List. Maintains contact with sign-off crew. Keeps record of their availability and serves as the point of contact for questions regarding next assignments.
- Monitors the sign-on/off of crew
- Handles cancellations, no shows and runaway crew
- Informs the Finance Department about crew changes
- Provides Payroll Officers with the relevant information to ensure wages are paid correctly and timely
- Prepares Fluctuation Report and other Reports required
- Updates the HR System upon the embarkation of crew after they were medically disembarked
- Reassigns crew for the following season in liaison with the HR Crewing Officer and ensures rotation
- Is aware, implements and complies to Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Undertakes any task or duty assigned by the management Closing date
This recruitment invitation ends on the 25th February 2022 at 13:00.
Only Candidates who meet the specified requirements outlined above should apply.
Please forward your CV, in English, to the following email OfficeVacancies.CY@seachefs.com
The recipients of your personal data are authorized officers and employees of sea chefs Cruises Ltd who are responsible for assessing your job application. The data contained in the CV will be used only for recruitment purposes.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange for interviews during which they will be asked to review and sign the Privacy Notice for Shoreside Candidates.
The shortlisted CVs will be stored, in a predetermined area, for safekeeping, where access is controlled.