Assist in monitoring and controlling the smooth operation of all assigned vessels. Provide the required nautical and commercial support, to achieve the desired levels of safe operational performance and commercial effectiveness. Ensure environmental compliance policies are upheld.
Support strategic goals
- Assist in monitoring updates and propose improvements in safety, security and commercial effectiveness, and voyage efficiency to assigned vessels.
Commercial support to vessels
- Be aware of the principal aspects of commercial agreements and charter parties.
- Provide marine support to the assigned vessels for the effective fulfillment of voyage and cargo requirements.
- Assist in recognising discrepancies from operational standards and suggest solutions to supervisor.
- Identify risk conditions and circumstances in a timely manner and inform supervisor.
- Monitor that all vessels possess the required statutory certification for safe operations. Based on Class, Port State Control and Flag State requirements, maritime legislation, and operational standards of both BSM and vessels’ owners.
- Assist in the execution of vessel’s inspection for effective operations and as prescribed by Company’s SMS and International regulations.
- Support Master with pre-vetting preparation, including internal SIRE inspection and risk assessment.
- Support Master during vetting and third-party audits and inspections including SIRE, CDI, FSI, PSC.
- Assist in the review of SMS safety-related documentation.
- Provide guidance on standards and policies contributing towards safety regulations and environmental protection.
- Provide assistance to the Technical Officers when and if required.
- Support the development of analytical periodical reports and client-specific analytical reports on issues identified and solutions implemented on the assigned vessels.
Management of resources
- Assist in the performance appraisals of sea staff during sail visits.
- Assist with the interviews as required by the senior ship staff.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in Maritime/ Naval Engineering, Naval Architecture, or related field.
- Master / Senior officer’s Certificate of Competency.
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a trainee or assistant marine superintendent within a ship management / owning company.
- Experience in Tanker vessels is a must.
- Additional experience on LNG or Dry vessels will be consider as an advantage.
Job Specific Skills
- Strong knowledge of relevant nautical regulations and voyage commercial requirements.
- High organisational and detail-oriented skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in customer management.
- Knowledge of the local/regional maritime market conditions.
- Fluency in English.
- PC literacy.
If you are interested in the position please submit your CV the latest by 15th of March 2022 at: