Monitor and control the safe and cost-efficient technical operation of assigned vessels using the available resources, the defined parameters of cost, commercial viability, and operational excellence in line with Owners’ expectations.
Support strategic goals
- Monitor updates and propose improvements in safety, security and commercial effectiveness, and voyage efficiency to assigned vessels.
- Provide commercial and operational support to the assigned vessels for the effective fulfillment of voyage and cargo requirements.
- Handle owners' or charterers' operational inquiries, complaints, and grievances.
- Monitor that all vessels’ equipment and machinery operate effectively. Identify risk conditions and circumstances in a timely manner and propose and/or implement solutions.
- Project the requirements in maintenance and repair activities, spare parts, and technical trainings of assigned vessels.
- Participate in the development of maintenance and repairs plan and monitor their accurate execution as per time schedule, quality of deliverables, and budget.
- Monitor and update the vessels' trading certificates to ensure compliance with maritime legislation, safety regulations, and operational standards of both BSM and vessels’ owners.
- Manage vessel visits, audits, and inspections from planning to implementation to follow-ups and corrective actions.
- Liaise with the LPSQ department to obtain the necessary information that will secure the alignment of technical requirements and standards of the fleet assigned with the Company’s LPSQ policy and relevant legislation.
Execute maintenance activities
- Monitor the accurate, timely, and qualitative execution of maintenance and repair activities in coordination with the Onboard team.
- Review the compliance of deliverables from subcontractors with agreements and requirements to ensure optimum efficient and safe operations.
- Monitor and assess the requisitions requests from vessels.
- Ensure that the quality, quantity, and compliance matrix of the provided spares, stores/consumables are according to established standards.
- Review potential improvements and propose solutions to technical issues.
- Ensure that all reporting requirements involving accidents, technical developments, maintenance activities, repair progress, current operational status, docking, budget spend pattern etc are executed timely and are qualitative in nature.
- Ensure implementation of OHSE & Energy management system on board in regards to compliance, encouraging feedback, providing resources and elimination non-confirmation, participating in root cause investigations.
Management of resources
- Review the Senior Officers Onboard performance appraisals and provide feedback to support their career development
- Identify training needs and provide onboard training to ship staff during ship visits
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in Mechanical/ Marine/ Electrical/ Naval Engineering, or related field.
- Onboard up to Chief Engineer rank on LPG vessels for at least 1-2 years will be considered an advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience as an LPG superintendent within a ship management / owning company.
- Knowledge of vessels’ technical requirements and voyage regulations.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Experience in customer management.
- Knowledge of the local/regional maritime market conditions.
- Fluency in English.
- PC literacy.
- Career development opportunities.
- Technical and soft skills training (Udemy and Pluralsight).
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage (Private and GESY).
- Annual performance bonus.
- 13 Salary.
- Provident Fund.
- Parking Sponsorship.
- Gym benefits.
- 24/7 mental health support service.
- Sustainability and wellness activities.
- Diverse workforce.
- Flexible work opportunities.
- Technology-driven company.
- Be a part of the ever-growing Schulte group family.
To apply please submit your CV by 14 Dec. 2022