Our new Technical Sales & Business Development Manager (Water Treatment) will develop and grow sales and optimise the profit of assigned Sales Product Group/s (SPG’s), Hunt for new business and actively seek new sales opportunities. You will align customer needs across the assigned SPG portfolio and implement and execute plans, activity, and tactics for growth. Utilize your knowledge and know-how of respective products, to define how the use of product creates value for customers, including key selling points, technical sales process, dealing with advanced technical questions and deal closing.
Who you will work with:
- The Technical Sales & Business Development Manager – Water Treatment will be reporting to the Head of Technical Sales & Business Development Water/Energy Solution.
- Closely Collaborating with Product Management, Inventory, Procurement, Pricing, Marketing as well as the Sales & Customer Services team.
What you will work on:
- Drive profitable sales growth for current and new customers within the product portfolio
Prioritize target lists, and follow through with the respective activity required to close deals, demonstrating a best practice technical sales approach.
- Work closely with the Sales counterpart (KAM) to define relevant SPG integration within their Sales Activity Plans, ensuring tangible activity is owned, implemented, and recorded relating to the planned opportunities captured.
- Build the sales pipeline to hit the targets as specified, based on quality opportunities on existing accounts (share of wallet) and new business.
- Ensure opportunity progression in sales pipeline and conversion to account sales.
- Secure strong focus and follow-up on NBI and DD opportunities in the pipeline.
- Proactively utilize the available sales tools to relentlessly identify areas of growth for assigned product portfolio and facilitate respective actions with target customers.
- Foster strong relationships with the customers through high-quality and frequent customer face-to-face meetings.
- Seek out, develop, and maintain multilevel entry points and relationships with customer target accounts.
- Collaborate closely with Customer Services to secure growth and a unified approach to customer opportunities.
- Hold the highest level of technical and practical understanding of assigned SPG’s within the sales org. and apply this competency for commercial and customer facing purposes.
- Ensure accurate and updated information is inputted in WSS CRM system including visit reports, opportunities, deals etc.
- Ensure full compliance with WSS sales governance and risk management for own portfolio.
What you need to succeed in the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent marine qualification preferred. Lack of formal education can be compensated by relevant experience
- Preferably international sales experience in technical sales
- Sailing or other maritime engineering experience is preferred
- Results oriented and with demonstrated achievements in sales
- Experience from negotiating with customers
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining relationships with customers
- IT literate/digital savviness, with experience from working with MS Excel, MS Office, CRM systems etc
- Good command of English
What we are looking for:
- Ambitious and a strong desire for success with a commercial mindset
- Ability to work independently by planning and organizing own work
- Ability to meet deadlines through good time management and allocation of priorities
- Ability to change and drive change
- Proven communication skills
- Good time management & allocation of priorities
- Highly structured adaptable and curious learner who’s determined
What we offer:
Working at Wilhelmsen offers a culture and work environment of strong leadership, career development, work-life balance and a job that is both challenging and stimulating. Our organization thrives by using modern tools and is eager to utilize the business opportunities that arise with new digital tools and skills. Beyond this, we offer a generous and bespoke benefits package tailored to your specific Wilhelmsen HUB.
If you can see yourself in this role, please let us know why you are our new Technical Sales & Business Development Manager –Water Treatment. You can apply by sending your resume and a motivational letter to Mariana.Fyilla@wilhelmsen.com
Work location: Limassol, Cyprus
Application deadline: 21.08.2023
Contact details: Mariana Fyrilla