Lapwings Maritime Services established in Limassol (Cyprus) is a Global Spare Parts and Services Partner. With more than 25 years of experience in the industry, we provide our clients and partners with superior quality services and solutions such as Spare Parts, Information Technology consultancy, Communication, Navigation and Repairs. Our mission is to provide quality, superior services and spare parts to all our customers and partners promptly. Our people’s expertise, professionalism and teamwork lead to passion of excellence with high-quality standards.
Lapwings seeks a highly motivated and business-orientated Technical Sales Executive based in Cyprus with a mechanical engineering background to expand business opportunities for our existing and new clients. If you have a background in Mechanical Engineering and Sales or Marketing, we want to hear from you!
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Sourcing potential new customers.
- Maintaining regular contact with existing customers.
- Traveling to the customer's location to talk about our scope of work and partners.
- Demonstrating the technical features and benefits of our products.
- Composing offers and customer proposals.
- Generating purchase orders and follow-up the process until the goods are being safely delivered on board.
- Maintaining strong customer relations including attendance to social events.
- Attending product training courses, seminars, and conferences (locally and abroad).
- Stay in touch with active clients to understand and cater to their requirements.
- Liaise closely with Senior Management to ensure client satisfaction.
- Be the go-to Point-of-Contact for active client requests and guidance for technical matters.
- Assist the Senior Business Development team with meetings and client interactions.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. Lapwings reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of Lapwings. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
2. At least three years of experience in sales and technical-related post; shipping industry experience and knowledge of ship’s engine room are a bonus.
3. Ability to thrive independently in a fast-paced, multitasking environment with a strong sense of organization and discipline.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Professional and friendly demeanor.
6. Ability to meet sales targets.
7. Ability to travel.
8. Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
9. Top-notch interpersonal, professional telephone, and client interaction skills.
10. Sharp judgment, attention to detail, communication, and customer skills, with a collaborative and self-driven mindset.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
1. Stellar communication and written skills in English; knowledge of an additional language is a bonus.
2. Robust computer skills (MS Office with a focus on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
3. Using several technical skills and the ability to apply basic engineering concepts in shipping industry-related examples.
1. Engage in a team-oriented, and spirited atmosphere.
2. Enjoy a results-oriented business policy fuelled by respect, teamwork, communication, and trust.
3. Gain exposure to an international client base.
4. Opportunities for growth and advancement.
5. Competitive compensation package with growth potential.
6. Embrace the freedom of remote work culture.
7. Travel to new destinations for conferences, exhibitions, and business meetings.
Send your resume, a cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com with "Technical Sales Executive – Full Name" in the Subject Line. Don't forget to showcase your technical and sales background.