DNV is an independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by their purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, they empower their customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, they use their knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
DNV helps enhance the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of their customers in the global shipping industry, covering all vessel types and mobile offshore units. As a partner to industry, they offer services in testing, certification, training, and technical advisory through the energy value chain. That means they’re continually investing heavily into R&D for new services and solutions while proactively assessing what the industry needs today and tomorrow.
About The Role
Due to the growth of the business, DNV Maritime Department in Cyprus is looking for a dynamic professional from the maritime industry to join our team in Limassol, Cyprus as a Surveyor.
The position reports to the Cyprus Operations Manager.
The Main Areas Of Responsibility Are:
- Perform surveys and audits onboard vessels according to rules and regulations as well as support other service lines within maritime (Certification of Materials and Components, Approval of Service Suppliers).
- Effectively interact with owner’s representatives.
- Manage clients together with other relevant parts of our organization.
- Complete project-oriented work, including cooperation in interdisciplinary verification projects.
- Follow up periodical surveys and assessments at customer sites.
- Perform project control, reporting, and follow-up within the due date.
- Responsible for professional deliveries throughout the project - plan, coordinate, follow up and improve the operational activities of the project. by the framework in the DNV strategy, budget, the DMS, and other applicable instructions.
What is offered:
- Being part of an international world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 13.000 employees around the world.
- Interesting and challenging projects.
- Knowledge from a great network of experienced engineers and in line with DNV’s emphasis on competence development.
- An attractive compensation package (local conditions apply)
- Collaboration with great colleagues who value teamwork.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Naval Architecture / Marine Engineering from Technical University
- Approximately 2-4 years of maritime industry experience, ideally as a surveyor in a classification society. Auditor experience will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Greek language.
- Possession of a valid driving license.
- Quick learner with data analysis skills.
- Commitment to safety.
- Good communication skills with the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Open-minded and curious.
- Team player thriving in a collaborative environment.
- Motivated to work alone when the task requires it.
- Able to work well under stressful conditions.
- Military obligations completed (where applicable).
- Availability for occasional traveling, including voyage surveys and flexible working schedule
Local employment conditions apply.
Apply below via Linkedin: