About the job
Due to growth and to strengthen our team, we are seeking a Technical Superintendent for our Head Quarters in Limassol, Cyprus. Responsible for the efficient operation of the ships to which they have been assigned and to work as a member of the Ship Management Team operating to Company procedures and best ship management practices whilst giving absolute regard to safety of life at sea and protection of the environment at all times.
Your Key Responsibilities & Functions:
- Responsible for daily Technical management of assigned vessel(s);
- Plan, control and execute all activities connected with maintenance, repairs, dry-docking, conversion or modification of assigned vessels
- Ensure safety and environmental obligations is top priority in all vessel operations; together with timely and sufficient support to vessels on all operational and technical matters; advising Masters/ Chief Engineers, Ship staff and company management on all technical matters;
- Visiting vessels to conduct shipboard Technical inspections and preparing relevant reports;
- Provide timely and accurate reports to Clients regarding the management, expenditure and condition of the vessel
- Ensure compliance with all relevant international, port state and local maritime regulations and that all vessel certification and surveys for classification society, flag state, IMO and international requirements are maintained;
- Assist in coordinating, arranging and timely follow up Flag State Inspections, port state inspections, external & internal ISM, ISPS, MLC audits as required;
- Engaged in operating budgets for assigned vessels, repair budgets and cost control, together with reporting; and
- Implementing and maintaining a safe, cost efficient and environmentally sound operation standard in compliance with the Company’s Quality Management System and ISO requirements and procedures;
Requirements / Your Profile:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or equivalent, or a Chief Engineer’s qualification;
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Technical Superintendent
- Good knowledge of Classification Rules and Statutory Regulations;
- Ability to work independently, as well as communicate and collaborate well with teams ashore, as well as with crew.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Available to travel inland or abroad, as required for the performance of the above duties
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language.
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV along with a cover letter to
Please note, only those eligible to work in Cyprus will be considered.